Exercise calories per week?

Options
How many calories do you burn on average, during a week? Do you try or are you able to eat all your exercise calories?

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn on average, during a week? Do you try or are you able to eat all your exercise calories?
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I burned about 2,400 calories in the last week, but I probably only ate 2/3rds of them. I figure, if I'm not hungry I'm not going to eat. I'm about 150 cals under today.
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    I burn about 4700 ( i i work out everyday usually so i'm averaging around 670per day) and i eat every last one of them. Its one of the driving forces i work out...so i can eat more of what i want!
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    For Exercise and Weightlifting alone I burn 700 calories per day on average. I do not count calories burned doing normal activity at work or at home.

I do count when I wlk the golf course carrying my bag. According to MFP it says I burn 2400 calories in a round of golf. I wish I could play every day
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I burn about 500-800 per day with aerobics and strength training...I dont eat my excercise calories...
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Darn you all exercise a lot!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 4000-5000 per week. As I am in fat-loss phase, I try NOT to eat my exercise cals.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I am burning from 3500 to 4000 a week and I can't eat that much more food. I have not lost an ounce in weeks.

Which is why I keep asking these questions. I think my body is stuck in a hormone rut right now and just won't budge. I do feel good. I will try to be patient.

Onward and upward!
  • wildesca
    Options
    Alice I hit the same kind of rut or plateau depending on what you want to call ita few yrs back when i was much happier with my self and worked out regular. Agood friend who is a personal trainer followed me around for a day at the gym. Told me I was working out to heavy. That I was turning to much of my fat and food into muscle and breaking the muscle down to quickly. Had me switch up my regimen to a lighter weight with more reps and more cardio vs strength training. With in 2 weeks i was again dropping weight. He also told me to vary back and forth to keep my muscles in a state of "confusion if i wanted to keep losing." He says you should eat about 1/2 to 2/3 of your exercise calories. the % goes up as you near your goal.
    Craig
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Change something. Reduce your calorie intake or increase it. You have to keep your body guessing.

I will go for 2 weeks at a calorie target and for one week I will increase it by 400 calories.

I also change my workout every 6-8 weeks including the days I work certain muscle groups, I change the exercises I do for those muscle groups, and the days where I do HIIT type cardio vs low pace steady cardio.

Your body gets used to everything you do and if you keep it guesing it has to work harder to respond