Confused and sick of it

lahcjh
lahcjh Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I really don't get why the whole calorie adjustment is even necessary!! It's simple math. I don't want the differences thst are from the 2 different sources of my exercise. Just tell me my calories for the one I chose to use!!! I'm soooooo sick of working my *kitten* off and not eating over my limit to have negative calories for the day as if I over ate and didn't work out. Yeah I know turning the negatives off makes it zero. I don't want zero remainder!!! I want what I did and earned!!!!! Please help!!!

Replies

• lahcjh
    Please... Someone........?...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    do you have 2 different devices feeding your MFP profile?

or if its like a FITBIT and MFP - then they cancel each other out at the end of the day - just pick one and use it (and ignore inputs from the other one)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Brabo_Grip wrote: »
    Don't eat back your calories. Problem solved.

except if you are using the MFP calorie guidelines they are built in with the idea of eating back exercise calories
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    edited September 2017
    You mention exercise calories from two different sources. Are you logging workouts here and having a device connected for activity?

I have my MFP account set to sedentary with negative adjustment and FitBit synced. I only get an adjustment based on my FitBit activity and I only log workouts on FitBit and use this site to log food. So far this system works well for me...and by so far I mean for over a year now.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Wait, I reread, and am completely confused. Do you mean you're not getting any positive adjustment from exercise?
  • lahcjh
    I don't back eat my calories. I stay under my original goal. And almost every day after exercises and my steps, it's a huge negative number. If I turn it off, it's zero. So I'm literally not getting credit for anything and have to complete my day with a negative number :(

And I use Google fit app for all exercise and log food n water here.
  • lahcjh
    I have my activity level set at active and my goal is 8000 steps a day and my food is 1350
  • lahcjh
    edited September 2017
    I got a misfit coming friday... Hopefully that'll help. Until then I'll put my profile on mfp to not active but left my calorie the same as before
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    So zero is good? You met the goal.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    sapmgre2anbf.png

In order to earn extra activity calories you need to move more than your activity setting on MFP, if you move less than your activity setting you get a negative adjustment.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I put myself down as sedentary because I have a desk job.

Today (and also Monday) I rode 2 hours on a bike at 160w which comes out to about 1,000 calories. Wednesday I walked a lot and listed heavy things. All of this is outside of work, mostly for pleasure. We have a lot of rain coming and I won't necessarily be doing all this. It varies.

Because I'm sedentary, MFP doesn't expect much of me, and gives me full credit for my efforts. If I'd said I was very active, it would give me calories for that, but on rainy awful days I wouldn't maybe earn them, they would get taken away with adjustments.