Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options
August Challenge: Week One.

I need a full body picture of each of you. I have received some, but please don't forget to email them to me this week. You can email them to me directly at teresa.grace@live.com. At the end of the challenge I will ask for another pic. Then Gary will compile all of the pics and we can do a before and after photo slide show. Gary is going to give a prize for the winner of the biggest transformation. He will narrow it down to the top 10 and let everyone vote! It will be fun!

I'm also going to ask that you post here on this thread DAILY when you complete your challenge and log (food, exercise & water) for the day. I'm going to be keeping up with these daily, so that I don't get behind!!

And don't forget to "friend" each other for support & encouragement!!

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout, send me a message and I can give you some ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days, the team is then awarded 5 bonus points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*
Day 2 Exercise Challenge - Walk, run, or job 1 mile (extra)
Day 3 Exercise Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches*
Day 4 Exercise Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs" * (see Youtube link below)
Day 5 Exercise Challenge - 25 Pushups*
Day 6 Exercise Challenge - 25 Squat Lunges*
Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise, message me and let me know. Gary is sending me weblinks to the exercises.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

In order to get the weekly TEAM bonus points, each team member must log their food & exercise everyday and not go over their target calories. Each person must also log at least 64 oz (8 glasses) of water each day. If EVERY team member does this all 6 days - our team will be awarded 5 bonus points for that week.

Please also note that each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who are unable to complete the exercise as intended.

**UPS & DOWNS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.

REMEMBER ITS THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES ON THE FLOOR that's it! Unless you are a real rockstar then finish it out if you can. It's a crazy exercise. Be ready for great exercises you can do at home without anything!

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    100 jacks done here!
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to weigh in on any particular day each week?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Started an August Kickin Butt Challenge journal today to keep track this month!

I did 100 jacks this morning :happy: , and 50 situps for good measure!! Tried doing the ups and downs and squat lunges to get the thought in my head of what to do next days, they will give a great cardio workout!!

Feeling kind of punky today but will keep working through the sore throat and cough :sick: ! Seeing the doc at 5 PM tonight.

Joyful in the Journey!
    song2sing :flowerforyou:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    are these additional daily exercises accumulative?? meaning - i do day 1 then on day 2 i do days 1 and 2 and so on for the rest of the week?? - just need clarification - i am doing great so far (it mon 10am ) lol - sorry -needed to add some humor - also - i have a question about the picture (FBP) ick- anything specific to wear? (holding breath for reply) - HAVE A WONDERFULLY PRODUCTIVE DAY TEAM MEMBERS!!
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello all
    Jack ups done, really early this morning as i knew i was out all day today, i am at 6 glasses of water so only 2 to go and i have plenty time for that, i am going away tomorrow for a few days to stay with a friend so i will be able to do my excercises and also my daily challenge exercises, fab aiin't it?

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1439569.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks done on lunch break- I am embarrassed to say I got winded doing this- and I thought it was going to be simple :) I'll get the rest of my workout in after work. Have a great day, everyone!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Ditto....

edit: does this "week" start today for the AUGUST challenge or yesterday for the WEEK?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Started an August Kickin Butt Challenge journal today to keep track this month!

I did 100 jacks this morning :happy: , and 50 situps for good measure!! Tried doing the ups and downs and squat lunges to get the thought in my head of what to do next days, they will give a great cardio workout!!

Feeling kind of punky today but will keep working through the sore throat and cough :sick: ! Seeing the doc at 5 PM tonight.

Joyful in the Journey!
    song2sing :flowerforyou:

GREAT job lady!!
    Hope you are not getting sick!!! :flowerforyou: We need you HEALTHY!!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    are these additional daily exercises accumulative?? meaning - i do day 1 then on day 2 i do days 1 and 2 and so on for the rest of the week?? - just need clarification - i am doing great so far (it mon 10am ) lol - sorry -needed to add some humor - also - i have a question about the picture (FBP) ick- anything specific to wear? (holding breath for reply) - HAVE A WONDERFULLY PRODUCTIVE DAY TEAM MEMBERS!!

NO, they are NOT accumulative. In other words today's is jumping jacks, and tomorrow's is something totally different. The only things you have to do EVERYDAY is drink 8 glasses of water and stay under your calorie goal for EVERY day.... Oh, and log your foods and exercises EVERYDAY......
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hello all
    Jack ups done, really early this morning as i knew i was out all day today, i am at 6 glasses of water so only 2 to go and i have plenty time for that, i am going away tomorrow for a few days to stay with a friend so i will be able to do my excercises and also my daily challenge exercises, fab aiin't it?

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1439569.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!!
    YOU GO GIRL......

don't forget to log on and log your food and water too....... :drinker:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Ditto....

edit: does this "week" start today for the AUGUST challenge or yesterday for the WEEK?

THE CHALLENGE STARTED TODAY..... so weigh in today and then we will weigh in again at the end of the week. I'll get clarification from Gary on this as well.....
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    YES, I NEED YOU ALL TO WEIGH IN TODAY AND SEND ME YOUR OFFICIAL STARTING WEIGHT....
    if you don't want to post it here, you can send it to me in a private message.....

then, after today, weigh in days will be on sundays and the new week starts on mondays.....

My official starting weight is 187 :drinker:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    4pm - on last bottle of water - will have 9 8oz in by bedtime! did my exercise for the day, and unless i totally blow supper will meet calorie goal (or rather under it) - just need to:get pic and email and do jumping jacks - will post on that success tomorrow! gosh this feels good!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Did those darn jumping jacks! My core is not in good shape!! Kept feeling like I was losing my balance. And I've got those 8 glasses of water in too. (This is a real challenge for me. I don't like water that much!)

My starting weight as of this morning is 240. (No need to be shy here-everyone is in the same boat with trying to lose weight and get healthy!)

I hope everyone had a great day!!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jacks CHECK
    Water CHECK
    :bigsmile:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    You guys are doing AWESOME!!!!!!
    Our newest member is cath1717.... please add her as a friend.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks done.
    13 glasses of water today.
    Food log complete, under my calorie goal.

Sent new team member a friend request.

Day one DONE!