Your favorite fast food meal under 600 Calories?

13»

Replies

• sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    del taco asada bowl. its like 590 calories or less...healthier and yummies!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    My go to is chipotle. I order a bowl with rice, beans, steak, corn and mild salsa, cheese, sour cream and guacamole, and i immediately split it in half and eat with 1 oz of chips (a quarter of the bag) 588 calories. I usually get my chipotle to go and eat it at home so I am able to actually portion out the chips correctly lol
  • hesn92
    I never go to Taco Bell, haven't been In years, but from looking at their menu online I'm realizing I could eat there for cheap both money wise and calories... I am going to start eating there lol
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    -Taco Bell: Crunchy Taco Fresco (150) and Spicy Bean Tostada (200).
    -The Habit: Teriyaki Char Burger Lettuce Wrapped (330) or Fresh Albacore Sandwich on Bun (390) with Tempura Green Beans (250). That is a nice big meal for the day.
    -Chipotle: Chicken or Steak Salad with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, mild and medium salsa and lettuce. If I'm taking it home, I put a little light sour cream on it too.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I never go to Taco Bell, haven't been In years, but from looking at their menu online I'm realizing I could eat there for cheap both money wise and calories... I am going to start eating there lol

I think Taco Bell has really improved. I hadn't been there in 3 or 4 years until recently. Lots more options and better prices. I think they're a fairly vegetarian friendly place these days too, actually a few options for friends who are vegetarian or even vegan. My pescetarian hubby loves their black bean burritos and spicy tostadas.

I keep seeing people post about chips at Chipotle...is that something you order separately? I go there a lot for bowls and they never give me chips. And when I used to get burritos there (pre-MFP) I don't remember chips, either.

I don't even like chips much and don't want them but it's strange to me that I can't even recall having seen chips at Chipotle.

• hesn92
    hesn92 wrote: »

I think Taco Bell has really improved. I hadn't been there in 3 or 4 years until recently. Lots more options and better prices. I think they're a fairly vegetarian friendly place these days too, actually a few options for friends who are vegetarian or even vegan. My pescetarian hubby loves their black bean burritos and spicy tostadas.

I keep seeing people post about chips at Chipotle...is that something you order separately? I go there a lot for bowls and they never give me chips. And when I used to get burritos there (pre-MFP) I don't remember chips, either.

I don't even like chips much and don't want them but it's strange to me that I can't even recall having seen chips at Chipotle.

Yeah I've always kind of stuck my nose up at Taco Bell but it actually looks good (of course pictures that they post on their website are always going to look good)

lol I can't imagine how you missed the chips at chipotle! There's usually a wall behind the cash register with shelves full of bags of chips! But no they are extra, they don't come with your meal sadly.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    the Fresco option at Taco Bell is a game changer
  • KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Honestly I eat fast food every day, and twice a day on Tuesdays (my longest day). There's tons of options to get below your calorie goal. I have lost weight doing this.. I have noticed most places staying on the dollar menu keeps things in good proportion. Places like mcdonalds, wendys burger king... the dollar menu chicken (no mayo) and the small fries are fine. Sometimes the cheeseburgers on the value menu, plain also. I log everything before I go.. I tried so many diets before where I couldn't eat fast food and I ALWAYS gained the weight back because I just despise cooking/meal prep and I always end up going back to eating out after dieting... This is the only way I have found that it can actually be a lifestyle and I don't feel like I'm dieting. I can go anywhere with family and friends and just eat in my proportions. I'm aware it isn't the "healthy" lifestyle but I already feel so much better by losing some weight!

My faves are the Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap at Chickfila and hard shell grilled chicken tacos at taco bell :)
    OOOh also arby's taco and bacon salad with ONE pack of honey mustard dressing is only 410 calories and it's delicious!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2018
    Taco Bell bean burrito and a crunchy taco with bean instead of meat (but meat would be ok too, calorie-wise).

McDonald's McChicken sandwich and small fries. Or a sausage mcmuffin with small fries or hash browns.

Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich (or spicy chicken, even better), and eat a few of my kids' fries. Or get the fruit cup or side salad. I usually go for my kids' fries :wink:

Subway turkey with all the veggies--6" and then you can probably fit in a bag of chips. Or a foot long veggie delight with cheese (but not enough protein for me)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Chik-fil-a spicy chicken and a side of grilled nuggets with a bit of dipping sauce or side salad

Qdoba chicken tacos

McDonalds Egg McMuffin and a hash brown

Wendy's sour cream & chive potato and value nuggets
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I satisfy fast food cravings with a simple burger and no fries. I can come in under 600 with no mayo or cheese at Steak Shack or BK.

I recently rediscovered the beauty of the basic McDonalds hamburger. So simple, so good, so cheap.

Bingo.

These are all over my dairy. I only eat fast food when I am traveling, so I want something easy to eat-and-drive. Cheeseburger is 300 calories. Two for 600. Depending on my calorie budget that day, I get one or two.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Burger King Veggie Burger (BK Veggie) with no cheese (390 calories) and a small order of onion rings (150 calories).
  • Jermanator
    Jermanator Posts: 18 Member
    A McDouble, small french fry, and side salad with light Italian dressing is just a hair over 600 calories if you chuck the bottom of the bun.

Keep them coming people. I like this thread. I do better when I pack my lunches, but that is not always an option and it is good to have quick alternatives that don't break the calorie bank for the day.
  • dysonsphere1
    dysonsphere1 Posts: 8 Member
    Oh my I've gotten hungry reading these posts!

I try not to eat fast food at all when I'm on a diet but in a pinch:

Chicfila: Market Salad 200 calories.
    Jack In The Box: Chicken Fajita Pita 366 calories
    McDonalds: Egg McMuffin 300 calories or small cheeseburger 313 calories

After reading these posts I'm going to check out some Taco Bell!
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    All of the Taco Bell fresca menu. Double stack and chicken go wrap at Wendy's. Egg white delight mcmuffin at McDonald's, and BK Veggie burger at burger king.
  • ChangeIsGood29
    ChangeIsGood29 Posts: 103 Member
    Taco Bell - shredded chicken burrito (420 cals)
    Burger King - grilled chicken sandwich (470 cals)
    Mcdonalds - Artesan grilled chicken sandwich (380 cals) or 4 piece buttermilk tenders (500) if I want something fried

I generally just avoid a side unless I'm starving or add a side salad if I need something more.