Jack Daniels

I am a Jack Daniels and water guy and log every drink in my diary. I have heard different opinions on logging alcohol and not logging it, what say MFP people?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    It has calories so log it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Log it - nothing special about alcohol. Just calories. I log under the generic bourbon/whiskey for the most part.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    One fluid ounce of Jack Daniel's contains approximately 65 calories - why would you not log this?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    If you're counting calories why would you not log it
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Log it. Bear in mind that alcohol can slow fat loss depending on volume and frequency. 1 or 2 drinks per day for a man is not a problem but more than that and your liver will be busy processing the alcohol and will store some fat till it's done. How long that takes depends on how much alcohol consumed. The body can process 1.5 oz of liquor an hour. As in lots of things, moderation is the key.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Log it.. Calories are calories...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    If you are logging calories I can't see any reason not to log these calories. If you only partially log, what is the point?
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    I'm still curious why would someone NOT log it. What would be the thinking behind that? Like not logging a binge? So life can be enjoyed?
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    It's calories so log it, I would think.

Also, my dog is named Jack Daniels. :D
  • CSARdiver
    mmapags wrote: »
    Log it. Bear in mind that alcohol can slow fat loss depending on volume and frequency. 1 or 2 drinks per day for a man is not a problem but more than that and your liver will be busy processing the alcohol and will store some fat till it's done. How long that takes depends on how much alcohol consumed. The body can process 1.5 oz of liquor an hour. As in lots of things, moderation is the key.

The reduction to fat loss is not detectable on a macro scale and only due to prioritized metabolic pathways.
  • mmapags
    CSARdiver wrote: »

The reduction to fat loss is not detectable on a macro scale and only due to prioritized metabolic pathways.

I understand what you mean by prioritized metabolic pathways. I'm not clear on what you mean by not "detectable on a macro scale". Not saying it's wrong. Just don't really understand what you mean.
  • CSARdiver

I understand what you mean by prioritized metabolic pathways. I'm not clear on what you mean by not "detectable on a macro scale". Not saying it's wrong. Just don't really understand what you mean.

There is a decrease in metabolic activity; however this is below the detection level of instruments (<1% REE).

One of those issues that while theoretically true the reduction is so minor it has no impact to the average person.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I'm still curious why would someone NOT log it. What would be the thinking behind that? Like not logging a binge? So life can be enjoyed?

I don't think I've ever seen someone say not to log alcohol in MFP in the 3+ years I've been here. I'm curious as to the reasoning as well.
  • mmapags

There is a decrease in metabolic activity; however this is below the detection level of instruments (<1% REE).

One of those issues that while theoretically true the reduction is so minor it has no impact to the average person.

Thanks for clarifying.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    I never log Jack Daniels, that would be a mistake. I log single malts only.
    7265905_f260.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I walk, talk , sleep jack, you better log it, I do, just work him off.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I walk, talk , sleep jack, you better log it, I do, just work him off.

I follow a strictly Jack Daniels regime. Jack Daniels bourbon to drink and Jack Daniels training plans to run.