Help with using Libra app to maintain

Options
I am currently trying to maintain while recomping. I started using the Libra app a little over a month ago but am not sure how to read what it's telling me. My starting weight was 140.9 and today's weight is 142, but it's been up and down during that time. The trend line on the graph has been heading up for the last week and a half. According to the trend analysis, my 30-day average is a gain of .16 lbs per week.

Should I interpret that as a slow gain and reduce calories, or am I essentially at maintenance? Or do I need more data? Thanks!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    after a month, if you have been weighing daily I would make small adjustments - but at .16lbs a week increase - you only need to reduce your calories by about 80 ((.16*3500)/7)
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that makes sense. I haven't weighed daily and especially had a lot of missing days in August while I was on vacation. I guess it makes sense to make a small adjustment now, since I wouldn't mind being a few pounds lighter.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    if you have a lot of missing days - then I would probably hold the line and not change anything
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You can change how many days are included in you averages. Go to settings-advanced-smoothing. I adjustst it whenn I'm coming off a water weight spike. If I miss just a couple days due to being gone, it seems to screw up average for a month.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Deanna, I went back and checked and I only have 15 data points for the last month, so I think you are right that I should wait and see.

Lorrpb, thanks for that tip, it smoothed out my line!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just found the app, looks good
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You can change how many days are included in you averages. Go to settings-advanced-smoothing. I adjustst it whenn I'm coming off a water weight spike. If I miss just a couple days due to being gone, it seems to screw up average for a month.

@lorrpb Great tip I didn't know about that! My shark week fluctuations can be so extreme it throws my trend out occasionally.