What diet has worked best?

Options
I know we all have been in and out of many diets, so which diet has worked best for you??

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The one where I weigh all my food on a food scale and meet my calorie goal, which is a deficit from maintenance calories. As a result, I lose weight.

This one.

Same here.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    The diet you can keep for life! So make it a healthy one.
  • CathleenDW95
    CathleenDW95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just writing down everything I eat, drinking 6-8 glasses of water and walking 10,000 steps + every day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The one where I weigh all my food on a food scale and meet my calorie goal, which is a deficit from maintenance calories. As a result, I lose weight.

Yep. This one. Eat the foods I enjoy and accurately log them so I eat at a deficit and boom - success.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    The eat less calories than you burn diet
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The preponderance of responses embrace CICO and this just makes my little heart go pitty pat! Yup. Easy as that. Eat whatever you want but at a calorie deficit to lose weight. Eat a well-balanced diet to stay healthy.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Eating anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time, is a happy and effective way to lose and maintain weight.

Trying to conform to a "diet" only works for weightloss. Any idiot can create a weightloss diet.

Love this!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Eating a healthy variety of food and making sure I eat less calories than the amount of calories I burn.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want. My only restriction is that whatever I eat has to be under my maintenance calories.

The other day I had a whole day of tea biscuits and hot chocolates