Any NASCAR fans?

Options

Replies

• smendek910
    Options
    Glad to see my post resurface!!! My biking at the gym went by so fast watching NASCAR media day, very excited to start a new season!!

Hey Christie - did you watch the picks for the Bud Shootout? Jimmie didn't do so well and I don't think Harvick did either. We'll have to see what happens.....
  • abetterme
    Options
    I am a Jeff Gordon fan GO # 24

Hubby was a Dale Jarrett fan

14 yr old is a Jr. fan

10 yr old is a Jeff Gordon fan

8 yr old is a Tony Stewart fan

and the rest the kids just like to watch they haven't picked numbers yet. We are waiting for them to come to Iowa so we can go watch a race.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Glad to see my post resurface!!! My biking at the gym went by so fast watching NASCAR media day, very excited to start a new season!!

Hey Christie - did you watch the picks for the Bud Shootout? Jimmie didn't do so well and I don't think Harvick did either. We'll have to see what happens.....

Yep, Kev is at 17th. BF wasn't too happy w/ Jr at 25th either!!:tongue:
  • smendek910
    Options
    Yeah I know - my fiance was the same way. I told him it doesn't matter - Jimmie's gonna win anyway - lol:laugh: :laugh:
  • porka29
    Options
    Yeah I know - my fiance was the same way. I told him it doesn't matter - Jimmie's gonna win anyway - lol:laugh: :laugh:

Love your new photo!!!! That seems to be the gig, follow Jimmie Sundays!!!:laugh: Should be an interesting year with all the driver swaps, mergers, etc.

I had a Jimmie moment lastnight.....was preparing UPS packages for work and my new Office Depot scissors cleanly sliced a chunk of skin off my knuckle!!!:cry::cry: :cry: I'm all bandaged up today...................now where is Tony in that new car again??:bigsmile:
  • smendek910
    Options
    I know I can't believe how many drivers have new #'s and sponsors....It's gonna take a while to get used to seeing them in different cars.

Sorry to hear about your finger - was it the same one as Jimmie?? (the middle):sad:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    HAHA this reminds me of that insurance commercial, where they had Nascar Drivers teaching people how to drive...

Nascar Driver: "Take a left up here"
    Drive: Ok
    Nascar Driver: "Now take a left up here"
    Nascar Driver: "Then take a left up here"
    Nascar Driver: "Next take a left up here"
    Drive: Dont we want to turn right?
    Nascar Driver: (confused look) "why would you want to do that?"
  • porka29
    Options
    I know I can't believe how many drivers have new #'s and sponsors....It's gonna take a while to get used to seeing them in different cars.

Sorry to hear about your finger - was it the same one as Jimmie?? (the middle):sad:

It is the forefinger knuckle, so not the same - but we have silly in common!:laugh: I have a bbq this afternoon so hope it doesn't affect seein the shootout!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~~Enough said?

Go Jimmie!
  • watch48win
    Options

BTW Indy was a bad race last year.

That race was PAINFUL..and I was watching from home, I can't even begin to fathum what it was like from the stands.....:noway:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    SPEED WEEK.......BUD SHOOT OUT TONIGHT..........Go Kasey.....:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    Options
    Watching the ARCA race right now......2 hours till the shoot out>

Dang...for those of you who may be watching the ARCA race... all of the spotters need to be tossed...wth?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

14 yr old is a Jr. fan

and the rest the kids just like to watch they haven't picked numbers yet. We are waiting for them to come to Iowa so we can go watch a race.

Me too **ducking for cover**
    We're kinda the red-headed-step-children these days:grumble:

Could the 14 yr old and the 8 yr old move into their own place.??......:tongue:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I agree 100% about the spotters in the Arca race.....What the heck were they doing up on that wall.....they sure as heck were not giving their drivers the information they needed.....
  • watch48win
    Options

14 yr old is a Jr. fan

Red headed step children....LMAO.....My hubby and I felt like that when JJ first came to the cup series......
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fellow NASCAR fan right here!!! I live about 10 mins from the Richmond International Speedway :) I can sit out on my front porch on race nights and here them rounding the track :) And we're Denny Hamlin fans in this household...gotta root for the hometown boy :)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Love NASCAR and no 88.... Watching the Shoot Out now.. We go every year to Vegas and twice to Fontana... LOVE LOVE LOVE IT... Just won't be drinking this year.. Oh and I am wearing my pink Racegirl sweatshirt right now...:laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I love number 88 go JR, I am so excited it started again...>Lets go racing..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

14 yr old is a Jr. fan

Red headed step children....LMAO.....My hubby and I felt like that when JJ first came to the cup series......

JJ learned to drive from the best! His mentor

24frame640.jpg
  • watch48win
    Options
    Fellow NASCAR fan right here!!! I live about 10 mins from the Richmond International Speedway :) I can sit out on my front porch on race nights and here them rounding the track :) And we're Denny Hamlin fans in this household...gotta root for the hometown boy :)

Hello fellow Richmonder! I go to both Richmond races every year!