Any gainers in here?

Options
Weighed in this morning at 196.. started on here last week at 198.. Ok, for some that's success, but for me, I'm trying to get to a steady 210. I know I need to eat more but really watch what I eat and how I lift so it doesn't all settle in my mid section. I just can't seem to physically eat enough. Any suggestions for great gainer foods other than the 1200+ calorie shakes? I'm sure I'll incorporate those in my diet soon enough, but would really like something different.

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    yep, i gained this week too. :(
  • SHORTYSF
    Options
    Nope, but did not give my best effort to lose my first week, so I stayed the same.... I ended up injuring my knee which benched me after two sessions.... so I stayed exactly the same... but there is always next week!!!
  • dimond1610
    Options
    i would eat lots of nuts, and protein. indulge in steaks and cheeses etc. good luck!
  • crobinson53
    Options
    All natural peanut butter, Sunbutter, and Met Rx Chocolate Brownies. Below is the nutritional info for the brownies:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 bars
    Servings Per Container 12
    Amount Per Serving % DV
    Calories 390.00
    Calories from Fat 110.00
    Total Fat 12.00 g 18%
    Saturated Fat 5.00 g 29%
    Trans Fat 0.00 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3.00 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 4.00 g
    Cholesterol 40.00 mg 13%
    Sodium 330.00 mg 14%
    Total Carbohydrate 40.00 g 13%
    Dietary Fiber 3.00 g 12%
    Sugars 18.00 g
    Sugar Alcohol 12.00 g
    Protein 30.00 g 60%
    Calcium 40.00 4%
    Iron 0.36 2%
    Vitamin A 0.00 0%
    Vitamin C 0.00 0%
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Sometimes i think people respond to posts without fully reading them lol

Everything I know about gaining says to increase your protein by ALOT! I would also look in the fitness thread for people doing building, alot of great resources in there! =)
  • boopiejones
    Options
    hard boiled eggs are great. fish is too, but you need to eat a lot if it. i read somewhere that jay cutler was eating 7lbs of tilapia each day when cutting for his mr. olympia title a few years back.

i have come to the realization that i am going not going to weigh 210 unless i chug weight gainer shakes. i was up to 210 with weight gainers, but then quickly deflated back to 175 when i stopped. then i started riding my bike to work and i dropped down to 162. now i've added a bunch of eggs to my diet and i've gained a couple pounds.
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    hard boiled eggs are great. fish is too, but you need to eat a lot if it. i read somewhere that jay cutler was eating 7lbs of tilapia each day when cutting for his mr. olympia title a few years back.

i have come to the realization that i am going not going to weigh 210 unless i chug weight gainer shakes. i was up to 210 with weight gainers, but then quickly deflated back to 175 when i stopped. then i started riding my bike to work and i dropped down to 162. now i've added a bunch of eggs to my diet and i've gained a couple pounds.

The problem I'm finding is most of the gainer proteins have creatine in them. Though I'm a huge fan of creatine, once the shakes stop, so does the water weight. Somehow there has to be a way without creatine.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Drink whole milk