Intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't reduced my calories yet as I am 5 weeks postpartum but have been logging for a few weeks to see where I fall most days. I've been doing 16:8 for a few weeks now and compared to the weeks that I wasn't eating in a window I am eating less. I don't know why it never occurred to me sooner to eat less but bigger meals then many small meals :)
  • gabemartinez921
    Options
    I've done the 18/4 from 12pm to 4 pm. It helps me shave the pound off faster!! I've lost 60 pounds with this apps help
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    A person can adapt to fasting. You can start off with a smaller window and extend it. Today, I hiked for 5-hrs in the mountains carrying about 25-lbs and had no problem. My goal is to not eat tell after 5:00 pm each day.
  • Sweet_Misery_
    Sweet_Misery_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I only started a week ago, but only eat between 12-8pm. I have lost 10 pounds this first week, which I do think is somewhat thanks to intermittent fasting. I have started a diet/calorie restriction before many times and never lose this much this fast. I am already starting to adjust and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. I did change it up one day to 10a-6p because I had to get up so much earlier than usual for work. But I believe it's more the number of eating hours that matters, more than the actual time frame? Is this correct?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I only started a week ago, but only eat between 12-8pm. I have lost 10 pounds this first week, which I do think is somewhat thanks to intermittent fasting. I have started a diet/calorie restriction before many times and never lose this much this fast. I am already starting to adjust and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. I did change it up one day to 10a-6p because I had to get up so much earlier than usual for work. But I believe it's more the number of eating hours that matters, more than the actual time frame? Is this correct?

I think the hours are more important than the time frame but I do think the time frame has an effect due to hormonal cycles and the time frame those happen in. Also, if I eat early, I tend to just keep eating and I will mess up almost always if I eat early and then try to fast after. I need to eat as late as possible in the day.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I unintentionally started this. I eat from about 1 to 9 during the week. I feel better and there are days it would be easy to skip the 1 start time and wait till 5 I may move into that time me frame during the work week.