Question

Options
Hi I am new to this app and I have a question. I have my Fitbit synced to the app and when I walk on the treadmill I take my Fitbit off and then just add how far I walked on the app. Is that good enough or do I need to log my exercise on the app too?
Thank you

Replies

• Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Why not leave your Fitbit on?
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you want the accounts to sync correctly, enter your exercise in My Fitness Pal. The information will then be synced to your Fitbit account.
  • susan23629
    susan23629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't leave my Fitbit on because it only sometimes records a step on the treadmill. It's here and there. I guess because I always have my hands on the hand rails. Don't want to fall. So to not have double steps added, and to be more accurate when I add the excerise on the app I just take it off.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    If you are holding on, your calorie burn will be much less than if you have your arms swinging. Slow it down if you feel nervous about falling.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    There is a group here on this site with thousands of members, and most frequently asked Fitbit questions are in there:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

This is specific to your question, I think:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy#latest
  • susan23629
    susan23629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tore my acl and meniscus on my left leg plus broke that ankle twice. I need to hold on because it's not stable.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You would do better with a fit bit one. its old school but goes on your bra so no need to take it off or miss steps.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    You would do better with a fit bit one. its old school but goes on your bra so no need to take it off or miss steps.

Or a Flex/Flex2 just take the little unit out of the strap and stick it in your bra. Might not catch every step but it's pretty close
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you pop your fitbit in a pocket or fix it at your waistband it should pick up your steps just fine
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    susan23629 wrote: »
    I tore my acl and meniscus on my left leg plus broke that ankle twice. I need to hold on because it's not stable.
    If you are holding on, your calorie burn will be much less than if you have your arms swinging. .

The reason you're holding on, legitimate though it may be, is not relevant to calorie burn. You will be burning less holding on than you would be swinging your arms. Just something of which to be aware.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you are holding on, your calorie burn will be much less than if you have your arms swinging. Slow it down if you feel nervous about falling.

This^

You'll will get the hang of not holding on. But slow it down (for now) to let yourself get used to it and then build up.