lose 10-15lbs by Labor day! 6 weeks Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emely for the great support and motivation!!! We CAN and WILL do this!!!

Okay I have to ask the dreaded question (I am so sorry) - what is your opinion on eating back exercise calories?? Since we are encouraged to work out so much, I just thought we should understand if we are eating back or not...

Yay!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options

Okay I have to ask the dreaded question (I am so sorry) - what is your opinion on eating back exercise calories?? Since we are encouraged to work out so much, I just thought we should understand if we are eating back or not...

Yay!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Honest I don't. When I starting eating back my calories, I was not losing, I was maintaining. So I went back to just eating 1200 calories. I think that would be the best, I mean it was working for me. I know a lot of people say you should eat back your calories, but honestly I don't.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yay!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

It seems that everyone has a different opinion on this. Personally, I do eat back most of the exercise calories. That's what works for me. When I do not get up or close to my calorie goal my weight loss stalls. For a while I was eating too healthy all day and my calories were too low after exercise. I was not losing. So out of desperation I ate a small bowl of ice cream after dinner to bump up my calories and it made all the difference. My weight started going down.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I will be around to post tomorrow, so I will post my weight today. I started the challenge at 185 - I am now 182.2. So I'm down 2.8 pounds! Not bad for a week!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO Tashry!!!! That is fabulous. According to my scales that is what I had lost as of this morning but we will see what the "Official" scales at TOPS say tomorrow night. Keep up the great work and you will reach your goals in record time, I know it.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Here's my monday weigh in: 231.2 Ekk not where I wanted, but better than nothing- I need to step my game up :) I can do it.
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    After first week: 142.2, down 1.8, 7.2 to go :o)

Let's go ladies, we can rock this!!!!!
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    262.4 to 259.6 for week one.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been very supportive last week. I was traveling for work so my access was limited. I hope everyone had a good week. I only lost 0.3 pounds. This week I'm gonna go for 2 :)
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    So far so good ladies. You have lost more than I have. I actually gained 2lbs. Ask me how? I don't even know, I've been excerising more then my normally and I've been eating healthy and under my calories. This is very very stressful. But I will not overwhelm my self. I have enough stress over others things as is. So I won't let this be another. I just can't believe I've paid so much money to my trainer and I have not lost 1 single lbs since I've been training with him for 10weeks now.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    Hi EmelyJ,
    My son told me this moring, "mom, you know muscle weighs more than fat, your doing great"!, he said. So I'm passing this along to you. Your doing great! Keep it up.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    annehdavis you are doing such a great job. WTG! That is awsome!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds too, so I am at 272. I haven't tried to do anything. I'm gonna get serious starting now!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I lost .5 lbs. I started at 187.5 I am now at 187. Im looking forward to continuing and loosing more.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    good job!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 lb :wink:
  • Jholt47
    Jholt47 Posts: 20
    Options
    My name is Jan - single
    My max weight was around 265lb :(
    My current weight is 210b.
    I want to reach and maintain 165lbs by next Spring or Summer

I've lost about 40lbs since May using Spike Diet, I love it!

I want to lose another 10+ pounds by labor day and finally be under 200lbs!!!

I need some extra motivation and to be held accountable. I hate to workout so I need to be pushed.
    I am already a new person, but I want to be another new person. Losing weight is my new addiction.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Down from start weight of 258 to 256, just back from a serious hiking trip so will try to be on the board more this week. Keep at it everyone!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in to loose 10 pounds by Labor day!

CW: 147

GOAL: 137

whoot whoot! thanks looking forward to the support!