Do I look nmalnourished?

reviewqueen360
reviewqueen360 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Im 5'5 127lbs and my sisters tell me alot i look "boney" and nalnourished i honestly feel i look ok.But they seem conncerned...

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I would think of a malnourished look as looking ill not just being somewhat thin. Things like having skin or hair in poor condition, looking tired or pained, sunken eyes, visible ribs, visible hip bones, very thin limbs, very fragile looking, not much muscle.

Are you eating enough protein, getting fruits and vegetables, etc to nourish yourself properly?

Possibly if you have lost weight quickly or changed since the last time they saw you then you could look too thin to people used to seeing you bigger.
    You are a healthy weight for your height but some people start to look too thin at a lower weight even if it is a healthy weight because of their frame size. That may be the case for you.

If you are happy with your appearance and healthy then ignore the comments.

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2017
    These days, everyone has a distorted view of what "normal" should look like. It's fairly hard to tell from your profile pic but you seem nice and slim through the torso. I think you look great. Your sisters may just no longer know what an appropriate body weight looks like. They wouldn't be alone in that thought process.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Get a blood test and then laugh off your sisters comments.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    CindyWard2 wrote: »
    Malnourished has nothing to do with how you look.

This^. How you look and are you getting adequate nutrition don't have much to do with each other. You have a good body shape and your height/ weight and BMI are fine. Are you losing hair? Are your nails soft? Is your period erratic? These would be symptom of being malnourished.
    QFT!
  • Someone can be 330 pounds and malnourished!!
    Really! Meaning a diet containing poor nourishment.
    And vice versa. An individual can be 80 pounds and have a high body fat percentage.

You look healthy love. If you are petite than that's the way you are. If you are concerned, I would go to the doctor for a full check up.

REGARDS YOUR SISTERS!!
    I would be trading them in for new ones! :/:D
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    You look great in your profile pic.. are they just jealous perhaps? Your weight is very healthy. I'm 113 lbs, and just the other day someone made a comment like that to me.. I took it as being jealous. I work really hard to keep fit and those comments are the last thing I need!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    As someone noted above, malnutrition is not something you can necessarily see. You are not underweight so if you have sufficient energy and feel fine you are likely are. Yearly checkups with your doctor can tell you if you deficient on any nutrients.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Tell your sisters to google "kwashiorkor" and stop using words they don't understand.