Hello from Wisconsin!

Options
My name is Kate. I started about a month ago but wasn't tracking everything on here. I'm 38 years old, female. 228 and 5 foot nothing! I'm basically a circle at this point! I'll be strength training and counting calories.

I have a friend at work who is going to be on this journey with me, which is great, but we aren't totally on the same page as far as exercise and counting calories. Would love to have some more friends to share our journey with.

I'm totally new to strength training. I've bought a fitbit, food scale, home gym and a treadmill as I'm not comfortable going to a gym right now.

Absolutely any advice, tips and friends are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • EddiesKate
    EddiesKate Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! :)
  • Fillygirl2000
    Fillygirl2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kate! All the best on your journey. Never eat after 7:00 in the evenings if you can help it. It's worked wonders for me.
  • EddiesKate
    Options
    Thank you! That's one of my downfalls. I'm good all day then in the evening I want to snack snack snack! So far I'm doing well breaking that habit and plan to keep it that way. I also used to pretty much live off of mountain dew. A month ago I said once they were gone no more was being bought and now I haven't had a soda since then! I feel so good about that! I haven't went a day without soda in years and the past month the only things i have drank are water and sometime almond milk with cereal! :)
  • Fillygirl2000
    Fillygirl2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome on giving up the sodas! I did the same thing! You're well on your way, and your gonna do great!!!!
  • EddiesKate
    Options
    Thanks so much! My fiance is very supportive, it's doing wonders to help me along the way :)