Two Exercise Questions

Options
I have two questions related that I would like some help with!
1-When I burn calories from exercising must I then eat those calories?
2-At the daycare that I work at, I am outside with the kids(weather permitting, of course) twice a day for 30 minutes each time. I am constantly walking around the playground monitoring the kids and I only stop if they fall down or need help getting on a bike or on the slide. Can I count that as exercise?

Replies

• erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The advice I would give a cleint (I am personal trainer):

1. eat back your calories. MFP gives them back to you for that reason. You MUST net a certain amount to contuine to lose healthy weight

2. I personally wouldn't because you it all day and your body gets used to it after a certain amount of time. Plus if you put in "lightly active" or "active" as your activity level, thats already figured in.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The first question is up to you. You'll have to experiment and see, I have found eating about half the exercise cals back works for me. The second questions depends on how you set up your profile, if it's set at sedentary then yes you could count it but I don't count anything in my daily routine as exercise I only count the actual exercise, anything else is a bonus. Good Luck!