Apple cider vinegar

Options
13»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Woo is most commonly meant to imply pseudo science or misinformation.

By some people.
    Other people most commonly mean it to abbreviate the congratulatory "Woo Hoo"! As a mental device, it helps to imagine that to be the case for your own woo'd messages.

I guess that would be true if one took some offense to the negative version. Personally, if I needed to have my ego massaged I could just look at the fact that I have over 2000 of the more positive responses like insightful, like or awesome and less than 90 woos. Even if everyone of the woos were negative, I'd say I feel that I'm making a positive contribution to the dialog on the forum overall.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

However, according to MFP it's also intended to be used as "woo-hoo!" So unless you get a bunch of "woo" reactions (which is always negative) nobody knows. I think newbies tend to use it as "woo-hoo" and us cynical longer term users use it as "nothing to see but woo - move along now". I HATE that button.
  • nicci288693
    nicci288693 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

It helped kickstart my weightloss journey. It suppressed my appetite ,and I noticed a slight change in my clothing. I was able to start with mfp after 3 weeks of doing the vinegar thing, I then started and started counting cals.I still take it,but not daily now, only after I feel like ive gone a bit over my calories, or monday after the weekend , I always get a lot of woos when I speak on my experience with ACV, but it doesn't change what It did for me ,personally. And also I used it as a home remedy to get rid of my pilonidal cyst,for now, because those tend to come back. Braggs ACV has lots of beneficial properties. You should use it and draw your own conclusions though, if you want to. I know it's easier to go with what the popular kids are doing ,but still. You never know lol.

Ive been using it, I like it. It really does help with my appitite:)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

By some people.
    Other people most commonly mean it to abbreviate the congratulatory "Woo Hoo"! As a mental device, it helps to imagine that to be the case for your own woo'd messages.

I guess that would be true if one took some offense to the negative version. Personally, if I needed to have my ego massaged I could just look at the fact that I have over 2000 of the more positive responses like insightful, like or awesome and less than 90 woos. Even if everyone of the woos were negative, I'd say I feel that I'm making a positive contribution to the dialog on the forum overall.

Woah... We can see all that? Like how many likes or woos we have?? Where/how?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Click on the little bell on the right above the thread. That is notifications. At the bottom of the 5 or 6 it'll show you it will say all notifications. Click on that and there you go!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

It helped kickstart my weightloss journey. It suppressed my appetite ,and I noticed a slight change in my clothing. I was able to start with mfp after 3 weeks of doing the vinegar thing, I then started and started counting cals.I still take it,but not daily now, only after I feel like ive gone a bit over my calories, or monday after the weekend , I always get a lot of woos when I speak on my experience with ACV, but it doesn't change what It did for me ,personally. And also I used it as a home remedy to get rid of my pilonidal cyst,for now, because those tend to come back. Braggs ACV has lots of beneficial properties. You should use it and draw your own conclusions though, if you want to. I know it's easier to go with what the popular kids are doing ,but still. You never know lol.

If it actually works, why do you still have to count calories?
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I used to believe that ACV would make me loose weight, when it did have an impact, psychologically. I literally subconciously convinced myself "I'm not hungry because I took acv" and it worked that way. So calorie deficit, no magical properties of acv made me loose weight. If you apply the same principle to the water you'd have same effect.
    I think most of us are deceived that weightoss needs to be painful and that's why it's easier to believe that injesting something so horrible on it's own must be working.
    Nowadays I replaced acv with good 'ol black coffee.