At percentage body weight loss did people start to notice

Options
I have lost 8% of body weight (20lb) and while I can see and feel the difference I am waiting for the fantastic "have you lost weight?".

I think it will come at 10%+ but I am wondering when friends and colleagues who don't know I am dieting will notice.

When did you get the first unsolicited comments?

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    idk depeds on how big you are to start with too. I'v lost 30 pounds and still feel the same.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing the math correctly, my starting weight was the same as yours. I'm 5'4" and really started getting comments around the 30-35 lb mark.
  • sven254
    sven254 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was 250 lbs at my HW (I'm 6'1") and it wasn't until I lost 35 lb (14%) that I started getting unsolicited compliments. It took me 8 months of steady weight control to get to my goal. I am now 200 lb and have kept at that weight for 6 months.

Good Luck!

:smile:
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    for me (and i'm bigger), it really isn't until i've lost about 15% of my body weight....people occasionally notice something is "slightly different" aka, your hair looks good today LOL and i've lost 28 lbs, but i know at around 50 lbs, they will notice i've lost "a little" and when i tell them 50, they are shocked it's so much. LOL, i've learned this from past experience! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!