Meal ideas

Options
I'm 100 lbs overweight and am starting a 6 week body transformation crossfit class. TRyYING to learn about macros

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I suggest you start with the basics, and that starts with figuring out what the basics are.

Set up MFP to lose 2 pounds per week. You get a calorie goal to hit. Hit your calorie goal every day. You don't have to worry about macros just now. But log your food intake correctly. Focus on sticking to your calorie goal while eating food you like. You don't have to exercise to lose weight. But moderate ecercise is good for you.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Start with logging what you normally eat. See where your calories are going and what you might need to change. If 500 calories go to drinks for example you might see that and think you'd rather have more food and choose lower calorie drinks. Logging can be eye opening.
    Stick to your calorie goal. For weight loss a calorie deficit is all you need.
    You don't have to eat a particular diet food to lose weight. Start looking at getting enough protein, fats, fiber though. These things generally help people feel satisfied and function well.
    You will probably need to do things like adjust portion sizes, eat more lower calorie vegetables, eat less fried or breaded foods, use sauces and dressings more sparingly.

• KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have to worry about macros right now.
    Worry about staying within your calorie limit