Any runners out there?

Looking for a few 'runner friends' on MFP...feel free to send me a request. I've just started running again and would like to have a few friends with similar goals and interests.

Replies

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Yep. I usually get on 20-30 miles per week.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    You can add me ,I run 3 times a week.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    I run too, feel free to add.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Add me if you'd like :) finishing out training for my first marathon and have ran several other races before this.
  • nballos77
    nballos77 Posts: 80 Member
    Runner here :smile:
  • govenderd1
    govenderd1 Posts: 30 Member
    Me too
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    I run 2-3 times a week and am prepping for my first 10k :smile: FR sent and anyone else feel free to FR
  • DB20XMAX69
    DB20XMAX69 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there. I'm a UK runner coming back from ANOTHER injury
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    The long distance runners group is good for information, but from a social aspect, this is what you need to connect with runner friends on MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10593418/september-2017-running-challenge
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Yes. I'm aiming for a sub 2 hour half marathon this year
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    You can add me but I'm slooooow (I took 10 years off from running!).
  • Dcorrick
    Dcorrick Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2017
    I run 3-4X/week, went past my goal of 45 miles last month, and have a goal of 50 this month (hurricane notwithstanding). I'm part of the monthly running challenge group, but am not working towards marathons or the like, so could use some running partners whose goals and lives are more similar to mine. I'm currently in the 10:30-11:00 mile range after the first mile.

I'm 56, 5'8" and have used MFP to drop 45 pounds and keep it off for a couple of years now. I'm over 1000 days straight using it. I use MapMyRun to track my running, and would like to connect with team members in that app to challenge me and be challenged. If you haven't tried it, it's better than MapMyFitness at giving you coaching and designing a plan for you (paid version).

I'm DCorrick; drop me a line.
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Anyone on this thread feel free to add me. I am 50 years old I run about 100 miles a month and have run four 5K races and one 10K. I started running at the end of 2016 and b/t MFP and running have lost 68 lbs. My PR for 5K is 24:11 and for 10K is 53:17. I am signed up for my first half marathon in Nov.

I have come into running relatively late but I am so glad I found a passion for it as it has changed my life for the better.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    I run 30-50 miles per week...slow but still a runner ;-)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Trail runner here, I also run on pavement and enjoy hiking. Feel free to add me :)