1200 calories

Options
What does your 1200 calories a day look like?
Just want to get some ideas

Replies

• mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    3 x 400 calorie meals or my wife sometimes has 2 larger meals and a milkshake
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i meant to say google "400 calorie meals"
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    [Regardless of calorie goal] I have ~same every day:

B'fast: oats/toast, coffee & fruit
    Lunch: crunchy noodle and bean salad
    Dinner: steamed veg & tofu
    Dessert (every other day): ice cream &/or alcohol
    Snacks: protein shake, fruit, nut butter on rice cakes
    (+sugar-fee drinks, lollies, hot cocoa & tea)

Where:
    Type of fruit/veg varies seasonally
    Calories vary monthly
    Proportion calorie/meal ~constant.
    Macros are activity/mood-dependent, ranging from 40-60g fat, 60-120g protein & 100-160g carbs
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    With my stats MFP gives me 1200 calories, 1380 when Fitbit exercise is added yipppppeeeeee. I can do 1200, BUT it's not much fun. So I track and log according to my burned calories on Fitbit and aim for the proper calorie deficit according to what I want to loose per week. It's much easier to maintain a calorie deficit of 200,500,750 or even 1000 than existing on 1200 a day. That just plain sucks

It won't be perfect, I don't expect it to be as long as the scale keep moving the right direction and I can stick to it!!! It seems whole lot easier for me than existing on celery and hope. Which is what 1200 calories gives you
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Judging by your posted picture, OP I am going to go out on a limb and guess that 1200 is nowhere near where you need to be even to meet your most basic TDEE needs. You will wind up getting lightheaded frequently and generally feeling lethargic and miserable. I know many people are in a hurry to lose weight. I get it. Trust me I do, but burning yourself out and punishing your body is not the right way to go about things.

I agree. But the pic is old lol. I just had a baby and been very inconsistent. So 1200 is what was calculated if i don't do anything. Which I'm trying to get back at it. And when i do I'll of course add 200-300 more calories
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1200-1500 for the last 4 weeks since I started back on MFP and seeing good results. Getting in 10,000+ steps a day with my fitbit. I'm a walker. Typical day might be a protein shake with ground flax and a banana. Snacks thru the day. 1 oz air popped popcorn with seasoning. Fruit like peach or pear, Vegetarian chili for lunch, Taco salad for dinner and grilled zucchini for seconds. I make all my food and weighh and log it all. Recipe builder is a great tool for batch cooking.
  • eigna9187
    eigna9187 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tend to do 250/250/700 so I can eat dinner with my fiancee. Usually some eggs/breakfast sandwich , a protein pack or some lunch meat and cheese for lunch and just meat and veggies for dinner with a small piece of 50 cal choc.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Check out: www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-homemade veggie chili with 1 oz lean chicken added in : 240 cal
    Coffee milk during day- 40 cal.

Lunch- mixed greens salad with 2 crushed almonds, 1 slice of mango, avacado (1/4), 10 raisins, 1 oz chicken and oil and vinegar. 270 cal

Snack- protein bar. 190-280 cal nibbled throughout the day- very filling. The bar depends on my calorie count.

Dinner- homemade tofu and chicken taco with 1 tsp homemade hummus, 1/4 avacado, 14 gm tofu cheese. 350 cal.
    Protein shake with half a banana and blueberries 280 cal.

That gets me to about 1460 (with the higher cal protein bar) and I do cardio which burns 235 cal daily on the weekdays. I cut the protein bars or shake if no cardio.

That's a typical work day. On the weekends I often eat a different lunch and dinner. I've been eating that for years, and get variety on weekends and snacks. But then the protein bar or shake get cut from the day.

I'm 5'2", 62 yo, and lose about 1 1/2 pounds a month for the past 9 months. I'm close to switching to maintenance and will add 150-200 calories slowly. I'm not hungry on this, eat out with friends (half portion usually), and don't feel deprived.

I go over on the weekends by about 300-600 calories depending on the day and event and recognize that this might up my daily calories to 1300 if I averaged it out, but I also don't count walking calories, just dedicated cardio. I feel great and have tons of energy. You need to play with it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Judging by your posted picture, OP I am going to go out on a limb and guess that 1200 is nowhere near where you need to be even to meet your most basic TDEE needs. You will wind up getting lightheaded frequently and generally feeling lethargic and miserable. I know many people are in a hurry to lose weight. I get it. Trust me I do, but burning yourself out and punishing your body is not the right way to go about things.

I agree. But the pic is old lol. I just had a baby and been very inconsistent. So 1200 is what was calculated if i don't do anything. Which I'm trying to get back at it. And when i do I'll of course add 200-300 more calories

1200 is a default minimum before exercise. So if you are sedentary AND very petite or elderly.....this goal is adequate. But if you chose a high weekly weight loss goal then MFP bottomed out at 1200 to accommodate that request.
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 1200 calories since April, don't always make it, but most of the time I'm on target. I have my goals set up as 160 for Breakfast, 470 for Lunch, 250 for Dinner and then two Snacks of 160 each. I generally eat whatever I want, just less of it, but also try to stick to lean meats and lower carb options.

I also tend to wait as long as possible each day to start eating (usually at least noon, unless I'm just really really hungry). Just works better for me that way.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    1200 looks like a crappy day of hunger to me. I wasn't able to keep it up. I can survive 1700 and lose about a pound a week. No need to white knuckle it.

This. Except I aim for 2000 and a half pound.