Favorite at home workout?

Options
Hi everybody!

I've realized that I'm starting to slack on working out at home since I've started college. I typically enjoy doing Blogilates, but I'm starting to get bored of it.

Do you have any suggestions for effective but fun workouts? Or if you designed your own, do share!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Walking my bike out of my garage and hitting the road...
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Just Dance on the Wii: fun dancing with great feedback. It's designed as a game, not so much as a workout, but I think that's what is great about it.

Classic Stretch: A PBS program that is a workout for all levels focusing on strength, flexibility, and lifelong health. It also works areas, such as fingers and feet, that is typically ignored in other workout programs. The instructor really knows her stuff. I tend to do it in the mornings before work, as it is relaxing, invigorating, but yet not sweaty.

• desireebooth88
    desireebooth88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I spend way too much time sitting while in school! I run up and down the stairs. It's a killer.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo, which is a pilates and yoga blend. A couple more are Chalean Extreme and The Ultimate Yogi with Travis Elliot.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max:30 and TurboFire.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV..........http://jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max 30 here too
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I have designed a sequence based on 1-minute intervals (50sec on, 10sec transition). The interval format keeps you going and means you don't have to count reps (although, you do have to watch the clock).

I start with pushups, then run through a bunch of standard core exercises, then do a bunch of standard upper-body exercises with resistance bands, and finally, I do several intervals of squats. Depending on how much time I have, I can make it anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes by repeating various sequences.

There are lots of example core and resistance band workouts on YouTube. (Maybe I should post my own...)
  • bdazey0620
    bdazey0620 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo, which is a pilates and yoga blend. A couple more are Chalean Extreme and The Ultimate Yogi with Travis Elliot.
    What Pilate excersizes do you do??

• healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like www.fitnessblender.com
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Zuzka videos and Insanity
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Fitness Blender videos. They are effective, straight-forward and easy to follow.
  • lovetolose17
    lovetolose17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just search for workouts on youtube. Fitness Blender is good. I like GymRa a lot, as well. Some of the popsugar videos are good -- I love the kickboxing ones. I'm all about free workouts. :)
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    HASfit videos on youtube. They are a cute married couple who are real down to earth. They have different workouts in varying time frames. I really enjoy working out to them at home.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I normally go to the gym but sometimes not in the mood to haul my butt out of the house. I do P90 or P90X by Tony Horton. I just enjoy the workout
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Echoing fitness blender. Ive been doing them since January and have lost over 16kg (35lb)