Loop band vs weights

Options
Hi guys,

I'm planning to sculpt my lower body.But was wondering if the loop band or using weights is more effective?

Appreciate all the response!

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Free weights.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    free weights.....but a combined workout is often done....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would incorporate both if you have, with emphasis on free weights.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    both. but for max effectiveness, get on a program that's designed for what you are looking for.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, do a program that emphasizes squats-- no weights needed at first.

You can do individual training (best), group training, or pick among free workout videos on YouTube. I like the ones from PopSugar fitness.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    As has been stated, both! Free weights would likely be the better of the two options if only one were a choice. Generally speaking. And a band is a great thing for "activating" muscle sets before lifting. Have you considered that? But, what is your specific goal?
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    According to Tom Brady - he's a fan of the bands. He's also pushing a new book on fitness.

I think either will work - but you have to put in the effort, be consistent and be patient.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If I could only choose one, I'd go with free weights. That said, there are some exercises that bands are great for, and using them in combination is great to mess with strength curves. Also, don't discount how effective bodyweight training can be as well. Good luck sculpting!
  • Jayombie
    Jayombie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I prefer bands, plus they seem kinder to your body (drop a band on your foot it doesn't break). :D