Fat loss & muscle gain! In that order!

Options
I'm here because I'm growing sick of not being in my best physical form! I started training but only kept it up for around 9 months before my motivation fizzled out.
I now live within 500ft of a gym and whilst it's not as well equipped as the one I used to use, I am confident I can make it work

The thing I struggle most with is fat loss... even when I was training 5 times a week and splitting my macros in favour of gaining muscle I only really saw strength gains and very little increase in muscle mass or loss of fat.

So, I want to do all I can to burn the fat then I want to really focus on building muscle. I was hoping to find some friends who might be able to encourage me to stay on track and whose food diaries might give me some fresh ideas!

My name is Jamie, I'm 28 and from the UK :)

Replies

• cpacurrie1
    cpacurrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I trying to do the same but I'm a little older than you at 63. I just retired so now I have more time to focus on me and I am working out at the YMCA and running on the off days. I'm eating a balance higher protein diet and I think it working so far.
    I think if you're gaining strength you must be putting on muscle. I have done the same but now I'm losing weight and inches. I eat about 200 grams of protein a day.