Time for a change in MY LIFE!

Options
Yesterday I sat down with my husband and one of my boys to watch my sister's wedding that I was in this past May. By the end of the video I was in tears, disappointed that I have allowed my weight to get so out of control. The last thing I thought about before going to sleep was my weight and the first thing on my mind this morning was my weight. I am determined to make a change in my life and today is the first step.

Replies

• mmshope
    mmshope Posts: 4
    Options
    Same here! I'll add you for motivation, as you sound like a positive person.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, don't be sad about your battle, be happy that you recognized it and it motivated you!! You can do this!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, don't be sad about your battle, be happy that you recognized it and it motivated you!! You can do this!!

couldnt have said it better :smile:
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! :smile:
    There's so much motivation and support here, add me as a friend if you want to :flowerforyou:
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    This is a great, helpful & supportive site! Just be true to yourself! B ready for bumps in the road & remember if u hit 1 of those bumps tomorrow is a new day. Learning process, for me anyway! lol!
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me! my brother got married on June 25 and WOW when i look at pictures of myself I want to get sick!! I can not believe what I see.... All i think about is if that's what i see what does everyone else see?? O wow... That pushed me to want to lose weight!! Welcome , and good luck!!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Good for you! You're the only one who can make that change. This is the first step in your life! Welcome to MFP! You're not alone on this. Feel free to add me :smile: we can motivate each other.
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    Same here! You can do it! This is such an awesome way to make you realize how many calories are in food, etc. I'm so proud of myself. I've been on this just since May 15, 2011. I have lost 15 pounds and I'm not sure on the inches, I'd have to look. The site is so much easier to record food intake and exercise than writing it all down. Just keep a positive attitude and you will succeed!!!
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Deciding to make a change is the first step. We all get upset and feel sad when we're disapointed with ourselves, esp regarding our weight. But now that it's done and overwith, shake it off and join us all in getting sexy. C'mon, you have a child - you went through a pregnancy - and childbirth. THAT is hard. You got this :)
  • that_jen_r
    Options

Totally!

You can do it! If I can do it anyone can do it!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    And the most important step I think because if you don't want to do it guess what, you won't. It takes determination and that comes from wanting to do something. So, sounds like you have made up your mind and are determined. MFP is a great place to keep you motivated and share with others in the same battle (weight loss and healthy lifestyles) so welcome and keep logging in. Keep your food diary and make it a habit, even if you go over your goals in a particiular day, don't get discouraged and keep logging your foods. Stay focused, stay determined, make time in your schedule for excerise, plan your meals, prepare your own foods, learn to like yourself (even now before weight loss) and set your goals (short term and long term) And remember YOU WILL SUCCEED.
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on making a life change!

Welcome to MFP, a very supportive site, on many levels!

Feel free ro add me! :flowerforyou:
  • TGreen187
    TGreen187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited about joining fitness pal. It's going to be fun to have friends who share a common goal to live a healthier lifestyle. I'l admit it's been a challenge trying to keep from a cookie relapse but I'm more proud to say I haven't given in. I love to bake so any recipes are welcome..... Hello fitness pals (-_-)y
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The people on here really are so very uplifting and motivating!! I started on this site on July 20th and as of today, I have lost my first 10 lbs!! I'm not sure where it went, but if you stick to watching your calorie intake and exercise, it really does make a huge difference in how you feel and the way you look. Add me if you'd like! Good luck on your journey!
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    this is a great site for the help and support you need! adding you now. anyone else can add me too, id like more friendsies.