Healthy Sleep Challenge - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    12-3:30. Partly my fault. Didn't turn things off til 11:45. Will do better tonight.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Rough one last night. Didn't get to sleep until almost 10:00 this morning and slept until a little before 1:00 PM. I hope to get to sleep at the normal time tonight. I also get stuck in that loop, @Priyarose.
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @corinasue1143 and @brittdee88 hope you both managed to get a better night's sleep. I have not been doing too great with my sleeping. I have only managed Wed 4hrs 28 mins, Thurs 3hr 19 mins and Fri 5hrs 21 mins. I am hoping to do better over the weekend. It has been a tiring week!

@DresdenSinn love that you are getting over 6 hours sleep every night. Noticed that you didn't have your usual deep sleep due to a full belly but glad you were still able to get nearly 7 hours sleep. I have noticed that you normally fall asleep between 9-10pm. I should try to get my body into a routine to fall asleep at a set time rather than it being ad hoc.

Over the weekend I am aiming to focus on how I can sleep for longer and better quality.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    So to kick off the weekend I kind of accidentally had a 2 hour nap yesterday evening (6pm-8pm) which brought yesterday's total sleep to just over 9 hours! Needless to say I thought I was going to have a tough time sleeping last night but it wasn't too bad:

c3wb7v8g8n9m.png

On the weekends (Sat & Sun) I have 2 one hour long workout sessions that both involve weight training and cardio, 1 in the morning (8am-9am) and 1 in the afternoon (3pm-4pm).

• brittdee88
    Options
    @serser28 I really hope you are able to sleep more this weekend. Did you end up trying that new pattern?
    @DresdenSinn nice!

I forgot to wear my FB to bed, but I think I got a good amount of hours. I got in the bed at 9 PM yesterday and fell asleep maybe 30 minutes after. I remember waking up quite a few times, but I didn't officially wake up until around 10:45ish. I'm actually still pretty tired, so I am pretty sure I didn't get much deep sleep, but I do feel much less exhausted than I was yesterday.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12-5:30 good sleep, but stayed in bed,lights & everything off, relaxed and enjoying peace til about 7:30. That's as good as sleep. So good!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @corinasue1143 that sounds lovely. I agree. My fiancé is going out of town early next week, and I will have everything off the entire time to try and enjoy the peace.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    Good night of sleep, I was going to get up at 4:30am but fell back asleep for 20 minutes

u0oi84qfzyw2.png

• serser28
    Options
    Wow, I did some yoga for sleeping last night and then played a sleep meditation before I went to bed. Guess how long I slept for? 8hrs and 23mins. Only 1hr and 7mins was deep sleep but I will take it. myzbdwy8k0p8.png
  • serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - you had another good night of deep sleep - very consistent.

@corinasue1143 - so glad you finally managed to get some good sleep.

@brittdee88 - you have been doing well with your sleep the last couple of nights - hopefully next week you take advantage of the peace and quiet and are able to get some quality sleep in.

@Priyarose - how have you been getting on these past few days?

Looks like we are all turning a corner and making an effort to get more sleep in. Let's keep it up.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    That's awesome, @serser28! I also find that yoga and meditation work wonders for my sleep as well! I am going to do that tonight.
    I slept a decent amount but couldn't get to bed until around 3:30. I just woke up about 15 minutes ago around 11:02. Hour-wise, this is okay, but I definitely don't want to keep having late nights, especially since I won't be able to sleep in. The goals for tonight: devices off and yoga at 10:00 and in bed at 10:30.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Hurray, Serser!! Looks like you know what to do now! At least which road to head down! That is great!

Brittdee, must be so good to be in your own bed, and will be better when things get cleaned up and calm down a little.
    Take care of yourself. This stress is so hard on you. Give yourself some extra love!

Dresden, yes, looks like you have 6-6.5 hours down. Just need to stretch it out. What happens if you go to bed earlier?
    Remember earlier you went to bed a couple hours earlier and slept til about the usual time, but you made a comment about
    Being extra tired. Am I remembering right? Just wondered if you had tried?

Last night was one of those nights I needed a sleep tracker. Don't know how long I slept, but enough. Feel great today. Went
    To bed usual time. Took a while to go to sleep. Very restless. Up at 3:30. When I went back to sleep, slept deeply, peacefully
    Until 10 this morning.
  • serser28
    Options
    Had another great night of sleep - 7hrs 44mins - unbelievable. I just hope I can continue this during the week. Sadly only 44mins was deep sleep. Any tips on how to sleep deeply for longer?

xaw5vskjvvnf.png

• Priyarose
    Priyarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement @serser28 ... I had a great night's sleep.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    An odd pattern of being in and out of deep sleep most of the night, perhaps that was due to taking an almost hour and a half nap late in the evening (6:30pm to 7:50pm), I couldn't help it though, I ate a big dinner due to being behind on my calories for the day and that made me sleepy :smile:

t7ebpxkg0hcb.png

• DresdenSinn
    Options
    A little restless toward the end but overall a good night:

lbj6cmkbp4as.png
  • serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn you are continuing to be consistent with your sleep which is fantastic.
  • serser28
    Options
    I only managed 3hrs and 31mins sleep today - not good
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Not much sleep for me, either. I just can't seem to get to sleep before 3 AM lately.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12:30-5:30. Could easily have gone back to sleep about 7, but got up instead. Good sleep. Happy with 5 good restful hours.