Android or Apple (IOS), and why - no bashing people’s preferences!

Options
dawn_westbury
dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
Apple 100%, had an Apple iPhone since they started in 2007 ... Apple to me is much more user friendly than an Android phone/tablet.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Android.
  • TammyL8
    TammyL8 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have both (one android phone, iPad and iPod touch). I find myself using the iOS version more often. iPad has a larger screen. iPod or iPad versions seem to load quicker and more smoothly. Both have their glitches but that's life in the world of apps.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    While I do have an iPod for my music, both my phone and tablet are Android. Needless to say, I'm partial to the Android ecosystem in general. I'm a bit of a Linux tinkerer, so that's part of the appeal; Android just feels more like a proper operating system than just a slick interface.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I've had an iPhone since they first came out. Currently rocking the 7+. Not sure I'm feeling the new one though. I'll wait till one of my friends gets it so I can play with it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    both - samsung phone, iPad
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer Android but my brother always gives me his previous iphone once he gets a new on contract lol can't complain though it does pretty much everything I need it to do and want on a phone but I just don't like the way iphones like to take over your pc haha!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Android. It's all I know.
  • dudasd1973
    dudasd1973 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Android all the way. I have an iPhone for work and the thing annoys me to no end. They are not business friendly(seriously, I had to buy a $5 app to be able to do something as simple as forward a meeting invite from my calendar????)
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Well I've been using Apple for years and I'm far from boring.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I prefer apple. I had 4 Samsung phones that were dropped from maybe 1 foot in the air and landed on soft carpet that have shattered or the pixels are all black. I have had this iPhone SE for over a year now and I can't break it. I have tried (I really want one of the newer ones). It's been thrown across the room, the kids have put magnets on it, it's been dropped from my back pocket and landed on concrete and even saturated in blood (accidentally cut myself really badly) but it won't break or even show any signs of wear. I think I was meant for this one. :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...Apple used to be an innovator, but not anymore...
    ...as an apple fanboy myself:
    Apple was never an innovator. Apple just took things others came up with and polished them to the Nth degree.
    As a creative, I'm sort of stuck with Apple. They have the best audio apps, photography apps, video apps.
    ...perhaps I'm just still bitter about losing the headphone jack.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    ...Apple used to be an innovator, but not anymore...
    ...as an apple fanboy myself:
    Apple was never an innovator. Apple just took things others came up with and polished them to the Nth degree.
    As a creative, I'm sort of stuck with Apple. They have the best audio apps, photography apps, video apps.
    ...perhaps I'm just still bitter about losing the headphone jack.

I'm still trying to get used to not having it. When I first heard it was going away, I said I would never get the 7. And guess what, I got the 7. LOL! At least it came with the adapter, which I forget most days so I just use my iPad at work for music.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    android, I will never go iphone, my husband has an iphone and I hate touching and using his phone, also he seems to have way more problems with his than I do with mine. I'm sure there are a few things iphone might do better but not enough to make me switch.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I started with an iphone. But left because I hate iTunes. Now I'm happy with my android. I can do what I want, transfer songs and photos without a program, and already have all the features of an iphone plus more, and I have an older model android.

I will say this, so far, iPhones are better for security.

Edit: Arrrr! It's talk like a pirate day, it is.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Android is for the poors
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I had an iphone for many years... went to android and never looked back.
    #TeamAndroid
  • bck7402
    bck7402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Android.
  • TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I prefer android, To me it is more user friendly and compatable with more. iPhones seem to have better security. When smart phones first came out Apple was way ahead of everyone else but that is not the case anymore. Seems like most people buy the iPhone for the name just like Yeti cups, there are other products just as good if not better in some ways but people want the "name"