Anyone have over 50 lbs to lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,980 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of two, a 5 yr old nd a 8 week old, trying to stay motivated on my journey. Reached my ultimate high this year, 261... Looking to get to 165, or 150 but the large amount of weight I have to lose is kind of discouraging! Im currently 242, wanted to know what fitness plans and eating habits others who have alot to lose are trying! Really looking to lose 2 pounds a week! 3 if possible

Count me as another vote for walking, which you could do with your children.

My mom used to use baby carriers - anyone know how heavy a child these can accommodate? This one says 8-36 pounds. https://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Sash-Wrap-Baby-Carrier/dp/B0185AH1F8/ref=sr_1_4_s_it

61f-QYWM%2BoL._SX522_.jpg
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! I had around 60 pounds to lose. I have already lost 46 pounds through clean eating and exercise all within a year. If you laser focus on your nutrition, it can be done! Good luck! You can do it!
  • Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    50lbs...yup, and more to get to my "ideal" weight. I'm not sure I'll reach that, since I'm pretty sure I haven't been that weight since I was 12...but it's worth a shot :D Good luck!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I hit a high of 328 pounds. Seeing that number on the scale was quite a reality check. It also seemed really daunting so I made slightly better choices but didn't commit to losing the weight then. Finally, I had enough and decided to lose the weight, whatever it takes. At that point, I was still 320 pounds. This morning, the scale smiled at me and said 244 pounds and it keeps dropping steadily. I still have about 50 pounds to go but it no longer seems daunting but rather a simple matter of time. It turns out that the hardest part was simply making the decision to lose the weight. Just take it a day at a time and follow your plan and before you know it, you will look back and be amazed at the weight you have lost.
  • GDSDIVA
    GDSDIVA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 5 years out of losing 100 pounds currently gained 35lbs back horrified and scared to death of putting it ALL back on!!! Would love to connect with like minded individuals as yourself to partner up with Ana get back to losing!! PS did I mention that I still had an additional 30lbs to lose after the 100??? Thus, I am now looking at a 65lb challenge...add me and let's DO this
  • alwinter09
    alwinter09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 70-75 pounds. Going slowly though, I've only been on MFP for a few weeks so I'm trying to stay positive since I haven't lost yet
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Everyone will be a little different .. one.thing most agree on is calorie deficit and weighing food to control calories ..
    Whats been working for me .. I set MFP to my number and ate those calories .. I set at 2 pounds at first but had to change to 1.5 pounds .. the extra calories I gained helped me .. I have not began any exercise program and don't log any activities .. like I swim sometimes in summer ,but don't log it .. I guess other thing that has helped is averaging weight lose over time . I got stuck and when I averaged over 10 weeks had lost 1.7 per week .. so I just keep eating calories MFP says to eat and be honest with myself ..

Good luck
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    40 more on my goal weight but really will be 50 in the long stretch. Down 40 pounds already, so about half way to nirvana. Slow and stead @ 1 pound per week. So 52 weeks in a year, I calculate this time next year ??? I worry terribly about the belly skin sag, but alas que sera sera.....
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Lost about 140 (never made it to goal) a couple of years ago....gained back 50...ugh. From where I am now I would like to lose about 120. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I started out at 238.6 lbs. I'm now at 154.4 and am 9.4 lbs away from my goal.

One of the things that has helped me is breaking my weight loss into smaller goals. Losing over 93 lbs seemed daunting, so I broke it into 10% goals. Once I lost 10%, I rewarded myself and then set another, now lower 10% goal. It was easier to focus on those smaller goals.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for exercise ideas try fitnessblender.com - they have all different types of workouts and lengths...in addition to working full time, i have 2 kids who are now 12 and 9 but super busy so i have to fit in my workouts when i can and love fitness blender. they have a website, youtube channel and app. you could totally do one of their quick routines while your baby is napping :smile: good luck! and don't get discouraged if it takes awhile, slow is just fine
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I had to come to this thread bc you guys motivated me when I had no hope! Almost a year later and I am 62 pounds down!! Slow and Steady was the best advice ever!!

That is so awesome! Congratulations! I thought this was a zombie thread, but it's so neat to see posters come back with success stories.
  • JimmyCarterI2T
    JimmyCarterI2T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of two, a 5 yr old nd a 8 week old, trying to stay motivated on my journey. Reached my ultimate high this year, 261... Looking to get to 165, or 150 but the large amount of weight I have to lose is kind of discouraging! Im currently 242, wanted to know what fitness plans and eating habits others who have alot to lose are trying! Really looking to lose 2 pounds a week! 3 if possible

just sent you a message on how i can help!
  • ashleyhaaay
    ashleyhaaay Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I have 60lbs to lose. I am focusing on working out 5x a week, MWF 30m cardio & upper body super sets, Tu&Th 15m cardio & lower body super sets

Do 30m cardio either Saturday or Sunday and use a day to rest.

No soda, no sugar (bad sugars), and chill on the sodium, no alcohol

Lots of water, high protein, mediumish carb and low fat - I am focusing on my macros and right now weight is dropping fast - although before I started I hadn't worked out at all and ate like a fat *kitten* (ordering in, candy, high saturated fat). I think rn my body is just like holy *kitten* and I'm dropping... but of course in a month or so I will hit a plateau

When you're heavier it's easier to lose the first 10-20lbs because you have the extra fat - but focus on proteins so you don't lose muscle mass and weight train - muscle burns fat!