Android or Apple (IOS), and why - no bashing people’s preferences!

Options

Replies

• rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    All Apple, all the time, and for one reason only... security! When Apple releases a security update, it doesn't have to filter through my mobile carrier before it reaches me. Everyone with compatible hardware receives it at once. With Android, I had to wait for Google to release the update, then Samsung/LG/Motorola/Sony/HTC/etc. to incorporate it into a new firmware build, then for that build to be filtered through my mobile carrier (T-Mobile US) so they could approve it and add their own bloatware before it reached me. Unacceptable, even though I largely prefer the customizations available on Android devices (widgets, homescreen launchers, icon packs and such).
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    android, I will never go iphone, my husband has an iphone and I hate touching and using his phone, also he seems to have way more problems with his than I do with mine.

You shouldn't touch your husband's stuff, anyway.

but, he likes it when I touch his stuff ;)
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Break__You wrote: »
    Android is for the poors

...and this attitude is one of the reasons I won't buy Apple.

Seriously, Apple simply annoys me. With Android (at least most of the time) everything is interchangeable. My earbuds and chargers etc., fit my phone, which fits my tablet, which fits my old phones too. I haven't needed a new charger in years because they don't change them every darn time they make a new model, which is something Apple used to do. I admit, I don't know if they still do. I'm also used to the operating systems. Google is Google, at work and at home. I don't like purchasing apps and music and whatever, I like them free.

I'm not poor; I'm frugal - which is why I'm not poor.

• rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Android is for the poors

Samsung and its Galaxy Note 8, retailing for $969, beg to differ...
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I like both. I LOVE my ipads (or rather, I loved them until my daughter smashed one and my son the other..blasted clutzy teens).. I love my iPhone even if it is just a 5s.. But I adore the Samsung Galaxies also. However, they have way more glitches than my I products ever had so that's a major downside for me.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It depends on user wants/needs. Android allows more customization, and I really liked my Android phones before I switched to Apple. However, Apple doesn't play well with Android, and so I switched to Apple because of the number of group messages I needed to send and receive with the organizations I was involved in at school. Now I will probably stick with Apple because of ease and convenience.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    Android is for the poors

Samsung and its Galaxy Note 8, retailing for $969, beg to differ...
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    Android is for the poors

...and this attitude is one of the reasons I won't buy Apple.

Seriously, Apple simply annoys me. With Android (at least most of the time) everything is interchangeable. My earbuds and chargers etc., fit my phone, which fits my tablet, which fits my old phones too. I haven't needed a new charger in years because they don't change them every darn time they make a new model, which is something Apple used to do. I admit, I don't know if they still do. I'm also used to the operating systems. Google is Google, at work and at home. I don't like purchasing apps and music and whatever, I like them free.

I'm not poor; I'm frugal - which is why I'm not poor.

Get grips. It's something I always say as a joke.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...At least it came with the adapter, which I forget most days so I just use my iPad at work for music.
    ...and there's my beef.
    Technology is suppose to make things easier, not more of a hassle.
    As a musician, I have a couple of studio headphones so it's nice to toss a pair into my bag and go wherever and do my edits/compositions. With the newer iPhones I would have to remember that damn adapter and heavens forbid I need to charge the device while working, which I can do now with my 6+.
    ....now they have animated emoji's, there are not enough swear words to express how stupid I think that is.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Windows Phone
    (Yupp, I'm one of the 2.5%)

I'm not interested in a shiny, polished interface that nevertheless never seems to work quite exactly as expected. Neither do I want to have to wait until the manufacturer of my device found a way to turn a security update of the OS into a method to make my phone significantly slower and/or ruin its battery-capacity.

I just want to work with my phone and expect it to do exactly this: Work.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I just take this guy with me everywhere. So I guess Android for me

Data-star-trek-the-next-generation-31159191-1024-768.png
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Apple simply because I want the latest OS when it comes out with no excuses why my hardware can't have it yet. Tried going to Android for about 2 years, hated it; all of my devices had outdated OS the day they shipped them and maybe got 1 update the entire 2 years I had them which was still 2 versions behind the rest of the world. Tossed them and went back to Apple and have been happy ever since.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Apple simply because I want the latest OS when it comes out with no excuses why my hardware can't have it yet. Tried going to Android for about 2 years, hated it; all of my devices had outdated OS the day they shipped them and maybe got 1 update the entire 2 years I had them which was still 2 versions behind the rest of the world. Tossed them and went back to Apple and have been happy ever since.

I am an android girl and i get way more updates than that. I have had this phone since april and have had at least 4 since then.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Don't have either and don't plan on getting any such a thing. Saves me 75 precious dollars a month. Or whatever amount people pay to be a slave to an unnecessary and addictive hand held plastic device that may be more nefarious than benign.

That'll show 'em.

44vk40xo4yze.png

wait I found a picture
  • Mr_Mer
    Mr_Mer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    From my observations, iPhone works "out of the box", and it is ok for everyday users who just want something ready to go from day 1. Android phones offer the opportunity to look and tweak "under the hood", which is what attracts me to them. Mind you, in my home there are 2 iPads, 1 Mac Pro, and a few iPods, and a variety of previously used iPhones, now replaced by Android phones. Of which there is a variety equally replaced by newer Androids as technology progresses.

In the end, the marketing department with the biggest budget wins.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    for real though- if you do use google drive or icloud or Mega or whatever, make sure you're putting everything into an encrypted file container first. i recommend Veracrypt. and for the love of everything holy, don't use the same password to open it that you use for your email.

You mean I shouldn't be using "yourmom69" as my password for everything????
  • nballos77
    nballos77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Apple because it is simply the best