I look like an egg on legs: looking for apple-shaped friends

Options
2»

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I was always kind of skinny, 'til I wasn't. In my 40s was occasionally startled by a shadow or reflection in a store window. Didn't recognize the silhouette. Thought some fat guy was sneaking up on me. Don't know how much I should lose. Plan to decide that after 75 pounds come off. So if you have room on your friends list for another old guy, I'd be pleased to travel this road with you.
  • mercy7889
    mercy7889 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi i'm in the middle of an apple and inverted triangle. it's so hard to lose my belly fat. let's be friends.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options

But, dang it, I feel better with every pound lost! My plantar fasciitis doesn't scream as I walk barefoot to the loo. I don't go "pfummpf" as I squeeze behind the steering wheel. I can carry multiple bags of groceries in the house in one trip. I guess I'll just keep at this CICO thing until my belly skin is down around my knees. What the heck!

I love this! I'm in my forties and I doubt my skin and boobs will recover well if I lose as much weight as I should. But I want to walk up stairs without effort, and forget what plantar fasciitis feels like. Avoiding/delaying knee arthritis is also a big incentive!

I'm currently apple shaped. I used to have a waist, I look forward to finding it again.

• bethmcna
    bethmcna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, and so is most of my family. An apple on toothpicks. I had a thyroidectomy a few years ago and gained 40 pounds in the first month after the surgery,I have been fighting to lose it for a few years now.
  • bethmcna
    bethmcna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add a friend, but will try to find it
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Ha! I looked like a weeble at 200 pounds and still at 150 pounds (just a smaller weeble). The only thing that changed my body shape was heavy lifting - your muscle makes your shape.
  • rosyone1
    rosyone1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm apple shaped and because I'm short waisted I never did really have a waist - and never will unless I have a few ribs removed. Surplus fat goes straight to my abdomen, midsection, and upper hips, and at my heaviest I had that shelf thing going on in the back with a fat roll hanging over my back side. But my legs always looked good. I'm in my 60s and they still look good because they've always been well toned and free of cellulite. There, ladies is the plus side of being an apple.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've often said that I'm a basketball with arms and legs. In other words, I feel your pain.