Still eating right and exercising but gained it all back!

Options
Ok after months of losing my mind trying to find out what is going on I've decided to ask others if they may have had this issue.

Last April I decided it was time to eat better. I've always ate good but had that problem with eating things here and there I shouldn't. I started eating clean at all times and tracking my intake. I've also always been active but stepped it up a notch.

Within less than a year I was down to 135 and happy with it, but I had heard too many horror stories about people gaining it all back and then some, so I promised myself to maintain eating right and exercising. I got through the holidays turning my nose up at all the sugary treats and even ran in the freezing cold because I was completely and utterly devoted.

Then suddenly almost a year later and in a rapid time I gained it all back! Still eating healthy and exercising in the manner I did to lose it. I was worried I had a thyroid issue or some other medical issue because everyone kept saying the same thing as o why o gained it back...yo-yo dieting...but I didn't yo-yo my diet or exercise. All my blood work showed I was healthy and the doctor had no explaination. I've search low and high for answers for months and continue to gain. I'm exhausted at this point, but still continue to press forward with exercise and eating healthy for fear I may gain faster if I stop.

If anyone out there has experienced this and found the problem please help!

Replies

• ss4vegeta48
    ss4vegeta48 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started off on a low calorie 1200 diet but adjusted it throughout my weight loss period to make up for the weight loss i had. Even when adjusting it I still continued to lose. Eventually having a 1450 calorie diet in the end when I started gaining it back. I've pretty much been stuck there and I admit I'm not teaching my calorie intake st this point because I'm depressed about the weight and find myself not hungry.

I have continued logging my meals even when I started gaining it all back, trying to balance my fats, carbs, and protein. I've always had an issue with not getting enough protein due to not eating red meats or porks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I started off on a low calorie 1200 diet but adjusted it throughout my weight loss period to make up for the weight loss i had. Even when adjusting it I still continued to lose. Eventually having a 1450 calorie diet in the end when I started gaining it back. I've pretty much been stuck there and I admit I'm not teaching my calorie intake st this point because I'm depressed about the weight and find myself not hungry.

I have continued logging my meals even when I started gaining it all back, trying to balance my fats, carbs, and protein. I've always had an issue with not getting enough protein due to not eating red meats or porks.

1450? What are your stats?
  • ss4vegeta48
    ss4vegeta48 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 currently weighing at 150 but like I said I continue to gain, but worse my waist is getting larger in size. I've went up two pants size. I'm not at home to look at my last measurements.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you have ruled out health issues, then it comes down to consuming more calories than your body needs. Are you weighing/logging everything? If not, then you are probably eating more than you were when you were actively losing. Complacency in maintenance is not a good thing.