What is the longest you've stalled?

Options
I'm stalling at the moment ... 2 weeks now, I'm not too worried as I know my tracking and exercise are on point, my body just needs to catch up, however, it will be nice to see that move!

I understand it's not linear and I'm not talking plateau, just curious what is the longest time you stalled for?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Around 6 weeks, but it was down to half-hearted logging/exercise
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    20 days.
  • debraormond
    debraormond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The last 9 months on Weight Watchers. Just joined this week. Hoping for a shakeup and a new start! Good luck to you!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    17 days.... and counting.
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The anticipation every morning getting on the scales ... nada :smiley: I'll appreciate it all the more when it comes!

I only have 5lb to go, so will always be slow
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    8 weeks
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    8 weeks

wow fair play for sticking with it!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    6 weeks
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    6 years.

But I also didn't count and/or stick with a calorie deficit that entire time . I wonder why I've been stuck... ;)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    6 weeks.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    6 weeks but there was a bunch of events a weeks holiday away, birthdays, weddings and poor logging involved. Most of my extended stalls are due to "user error" ;P
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    6 weeks, but I think I might trade for that right now because this week I'm up 4 lbs.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    Haven't really stalled but been stuck bouncing around 133 for 4-5 weeks now. I put on 2lbs, I lose 2lbs. Argh.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I spent 4 months bouncing between the same 5 lbs although I hadn't changed my eating or logging habits. Tightening things up now and it's starting to move but it hasnt cleared the lower range of my previous 'bounce' (if that makes sense) so I'm holding my breath now
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I started losing mid-January of this year, but stalled from mid-March through mid-June. A family member was dealing with a mental health crisis and I kept blowing my deficit because of stress-eating and drinking. Said family member and I both started new medications in June and I was able to get back into a deficit fairly quickly.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    In 2.5 years of losing, I never stalled more than 2-3 weeks. I had a loss every month. The key, as you said, is to stick with your plan regardless. Keep it going!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    28 days when I was being super dedicated. Weird thing is it didn't end up being "lost time" my average monthly loss remained the same. From the beginning of my journey I've decided to reward myself for sticking to it rather than a weight loss goal (last two times I tried to lose weight, I hit a long stall and gave up so I wanted to circumvent that), and this really helps with a stall. So for my 28 days stall I told myself if I didn't lose any weight by the end of the month and stuck to the plan I got a new pair of shoes. I did, I got a cute pair of shoes and then the stall broke, and that was 20 lbs ago. Over the last 1.5 years I have had a handful of over two week stalls, it is very common for me to have short ~1 week stalls though (every other week).
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    6 weeks now. Ive even shaved 200 cals off my daily cals the last 10 days as im injured and still its the same damn weight each week on the scales
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Goingagain wrote: »
    I'm stalling at the moment ... 2 weeks now, I'm not too worried as I know my tracking and exercise are on point, my body just needs to catch up, however, it will be nice to see that move!

I understand it's not linear and I'm not talking plateau, just curious what is the longest time you stalled for?

6 weeks for me too. Wasn't using a food scale.