bloating help!!!

Options
I recently gained 4 pounds, my jeans felt tighter than ever, n that only happened in a period of about a ­week ago so that couldn't be fat gain right? I'm thinking because I ate too much salt n drank too little ­water so i've been up my ­water intake (8cups a day) n reduce my sodium but nothing has changed :( I'm so disappointed n desperate, my stomach looks so bloated n my thighs r huge...! Any advice anyone?

Replies

• qwertybride
    Options
    I hve great sympathy for you! Same thing has happened me............EXCEPT i've gained 11 according to the scales!!!!!
    Its more than likely hormonal.
    Just before your period, due to a change in hormones, the bowel wall relaxes, which causes the appearance of abdominal bloating. (In my case I can look pregnant some months)

Fluid retention occurs also on abdomen, breasts.

Another reson for this bloating may be food you may have eaten

Bread (White)
    and as you said high salt intake.

Us women have all these bloating issues to deal with!!!! Men get away so easy ;-)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It could be hormonal. But it could be sodium. Or both. Try cutting out sugar and white flour and replace that with whole grains instead. Keep drinking plenty of water. Maybe even more than 8 glasses. But spread it out throughout the day. Watch your soda intake, too.
  • krabaey
    krabaey Posts: 1
    Options
    You're right, it's most likely not fat gain. But there are a couple things that could be contributing to bloating. Women bloat before their period. Bloating also occurs when someone eats too much sodium. It causes the body to retain water, which can cause a fluctuation in the scale along with stretching of the belly.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I would think you might want to monitor this & see if it responds to what the other posters have suggested. If not, might be time to visit the OB-GYN. Bloating can be an indication of fibroids or other even more icky stuff..... Chances are, you will be OK in a few days. Feel better!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? WATER, and lots of it! During my last TOM I drank between 10 - 12 glasses a day and I actually lost weight during that week instead of gaining 5lbs of water weight as I usually do. What they say about drinking water to lose retained water really is true for me! Good luck :)