3 days in

Options
Hi
I'm Dave.
Started 3 days ago and feel pretty good. i have been on the weight seesaw my whole life and I am hoping that this time I can get off of it. I've done WW, NS, hypnosis and I always gain it back. No more dieting ,deprivation or excuses. It only gets harder as you get older and I need to be there for my wife and daughter so the time is now.

They deserve better and so do I.

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the decision.
    Use the tools available here AND the support and best of luck to you! I am with you on the no deprivation. I decided a while ago that if I wanted a lifestyle change, I had to be sure to keep the LIFE in the process!
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is great, and the people on here are amazing. It truly is a lifestyle change, and once we understand that the results are amazing. Add me if you like and let me know if I can help at all
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Welcome Dave, and Congrats on making the decision to start your healty lifestyle! I'm excited to be able to share in your journey and am here for support :)

Ashlee
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a change!
    We are all in the same boat, everyone is really supportive!
  • twink44
    twink44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Dave,

So often the quick fix is what appeals to all of us. I did WW, Cookie Diet, lost weight effectively and efficiently but at the end there was a thinner me who always made up for the deprivation over time. I just started 10 days ago. I am down a pound and it sure doesn't feel to exciting, but I haven't felt deprived at all. I am eating foods I love in quantities I know make more sense. I heard once that eating your goal weight X 10 calories per day would eventually get you there. I think that I was eating about my current weight X 11 or 12. Now I know why I was gaining weight. Exercise is a part of that healthy lifestyle and I know as I add that in, the weight will come off. I encourage you to stick with this. Lots of community here to support you. Friend me if you like. Best to you.
  • gabrielleshannonhatt
    Options
    ive tried the hypnosis thing too...didnt help me very much.
  • brownsville1
    brownsville1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome all. It is appreciated.