Eating too little or too much to lose 2lb min a week

Options
2»

Replies

• acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I spotted something! As I have a fitness tracker it counts my steps and sends it to MFP but sometimes I've also put down that I've done Zumba. So am I doubling up and MFP thinks I'm doing more? I've done it twice
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I know with a fitbit you can mark what times you were doing actual exercise and it won't count your steps during that time frame toward your step count
  • tashygolean730
    tashygolean730 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not sync my fitness trackers with MFP. I use an online TDEE calculator to determine my goals based on my activity level and eat those calories every day. I average 15,000 steps a day and do pilates four days a week. I use moderately active on the TDEE calculator and manually update my calorie goals in MFP. I find this to be much more accurate for me because trackers and exercise equipment can be way off with actual calorie burns.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    While understanding the need to eat a certain amount of net calories is the most important first step, note that when you do start to eat back your exercise calories, your burn estimates are way too high.

1100 calories per day in purposeful exercise is huge. Most of us will not approach that level. For reference, that's the equivalent of running something akin to 11 miles.

Safe bet for eating your exercise calories is to eat back half of what your tracker/MFP tell you that you burned through the exercise. In reality, burning something like 400-500 per hour doing moderately intense cardio work is much more realistic.