3 weeks no weight loss

Options
Hey
I've been dieting for 3 weeks now low carb below 30grams daily. Having around 600 cals and exercising 5 days a week... and have lose nothing!!! Not sure why isit too early to lose.. would have thought a couple pounds a week at least! Need some people who starting up too who can do the journey with me

Replies

• KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    600 calories a day, total???
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I hope that's not 600 calories a day, did you possibly mean 1600?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Then somewhere you're eating more than you're burning, which depending on how much you have to lose is going to take longer than you might want. So, how are you calculating what you're eating? How much do you have to lose? What did you set your weekly weight loss at? Also you should never be eating less than 1200 calories a day, and if you're exercising you should be eating some of those calories back.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    At 600 calories a day I'm sure you have lost lean muscle mass (some fat too).....my guess is water weight fluctuation.

Eat at least 1200 calories (plus more for exercise) .....if you want a lower body fat % instead of just a number on the scale.

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Also, we don't know what your current weight is and what your goal weight is. If you are relatively close to your goal weight, you're not going to lose pounds of weight, and you will really have to accurately weigh your food to ensure you are truly in a deficit.

And 600 calories? Um, no. You should have a minimum of 1200 calories net.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing weight then I am fairly certain you are eating well over 600 calories a day.
    600 calories a day would be an insanely low target to aim for anyway and I cannot imagine why you would even consider it if you value your health remotely.
    I suggest you strive for something that is more sustainable and which will not be so damaging to your body over the longterm.
    Also, you need to be weighing your food to be sure of the amount you are actually eating.
  • alicks11
    alicks11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did mean around 600 calories a day, I generally have a boiled egg near lunch and maybe snack on small bit of cheese or salami stick. Then I might have a shake (only had few times in last few weeks tho) which is low carbs low cals Like 200 then a meal in evening which will be meat with spinach or salad usually. I did think maybe not eating enough and body in starvation mode, but I just don't feel hungry and don't want to eat if not hungry. Also I need to lose about 2 stone to get to my perfect weight. Thank you for all your replies
  • alicks11
    alicks11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Then somewhere you're eating more than you're burning, which depending on how much you have to lose is going to take longer than you might want. So, how are you calculating what you're eating? How much do you have to lose? What did you set your weekly weight loss at? Also you should never be eating less than 1200 calories a day, and if you're exercising you should be eating some of those calories back.

Everyday I'm eating more then burning because probably burn like 400 cals when at gym. I want to lose 1 1/2 or 2 stone to get back to my best weight. I calculate on my fitness pal.
    I'm not eating carbs and find I'm so busy that I forget to eat. I am now trying to eat more cos think body prob going into starvation mode that must be the only reason why I haven't lose weight. So added a shake to my daily food- so for instance today I had a boiled egg-mini salami stick-shake- smoked salmon 200g and some calamari 80g and went gym for hour.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    alicks11 wrote: »

Everyday I'm eating more then burning because probably burn like 400 cals when at gym. I want to lose 1 1/2 or 2 stone to get back to my best weight. I calculate on my fitness pal.
    I'm not eating carbs and find I'm so busy that I forget to eat. I am now trying to eat more cos think body prob going into starvation mode that must be the only reason why I haven't lose weight. So added a shake to my daily food- so for instance today I had a boiled egg-mini salami stick-shake- smoked salmon 200g and some calamari 80g and went gym for hour.

You burn calories just by being alive. Don't mistake "eat less than you burn" to mean that you need to burn all of those through exercise. Your BMR and your NEAT account for far more calories than exercise does.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »
    Not sure if you made a typo, but at 600 calories a day, plus vigorous exercise, your body is probably in starvation mode. Almost everyone has a BMR of at least 1000 calories (there are formulas to figure out your exact number).

Just curious....what is so wrong with this statement given the woo votes?
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    aside from the fact that 600 cal is really not enough for good health . and should be only done with a Dr supervised plan your meals seem totally lacking in the vegetable department so it sounds like there are many nutrients that you need for health that you are not getting ( magnesium ,potassium, calcium vitamins B ,c,a,and D )
    . I am on 1400 a day and turning 58 and sedentary so slow metabolism but I am loosing 4-6 lbs a month after an initial larger loss the first month . I wonder if the nutrient imbalance plus inflammation from exorcise is causing water weight ( my weight slowed and I even went up a lb when I went to doing 30-60 min a day on the stationary bike )
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you made a typo, but at 600 calories a day, plus vigorous exercise, your body is probably in starvation mode. Almost everyone has a BMR of at least 1000 calories (there are formulas to figure out your exact number).

Just curious....what is so wrong with this statement given the woo votes?

The "starvation mode" comment .

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/ This link will explain it.

Thank you :smile:
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    alicks11 wrote: »

You're not saying how you're measuring your food though. The only way your weight wouldn't move is if you were not at enough of a deficit to lose weight. If you were gaining weight, then you'd be eating more than you were burning. The thing is at your max desired weight loss, that's 28lbs, and weight loss is going to be slower the less you have to lose and the less room for error you'll have. So you have to make sure you're being super precise, and after that just be patient.

Seriously though, you NEED to eat far more than 600 calories a day. Being at your best weight isn't going to look the way you want if you're starving yourself that badly and the muscle mass you'll likely lose. There's a reason for that 1200 minimum for women. Not being hungry doesn't mean your body doesn't need those nutrients. And forgetting is not an excuse, pardon my harshness. You don't want to regret the lack of nourishment later.