if my family is not on board, then whats the point?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I got on here to get support, and advice how others cope being the primary cook...
    This was not meant to be a negative post at all, maybe I worded it wrong

This wasn't a negative post at all - you just resonated with the frustrations of a lot of people. You can't take responsibility for other people's reactions. Unfortunately it happens and sometimes postings sort of run away from the original point.

The age old problem of how to meet the wants and needs of multiple people in a household is a real one. And there are many ways to address it. And it can get frustrating.

It reminds me of the episode of "Friends" where something like three versions of mashed potatoes were made to try to make everybody happy for a Thanksgiving dinner, and still another person wanted a version another way--leading to the cook to get completely fed up...and quite rightly so.
  • kristie8351
    kristie8351 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    I got on here to get support, and advice how others cope being the primary cook...
    This was not meant to be a negative post at all, maybe I worded it wrong

This wasn't a negative post at all - you just resonated with the frustrations of a lot of people. You can't take responsibility for other people's reactions. Unfortunately it happens and sometimes postings sort of run away from the original point.

The age old problem of how to meet the wants and needs of multiple people in a household is a real one. And there are many ways to address it. And it can get frustrating.

It reminds me of the episode of "Friends" where something like three versions of mashed potatoes were made to try to make everybody happy for a Thanksgiving dinner, and still another person wanted a version another way--leading to the cook to get completely fed up...and quite rightly so.

Thankyou for understanding, I've used a lot of people's ideas since this post love it