Options

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    jaroby wrote: »
    I have hated exercise all of my life. I only enjoy walking if there is a "purpose" such as going somewhere specific or taking the dogs.

I've tried the gym, swimming & even running but I could only stick a routine for a couple of weeks before I'd cave.

6 weeks ago I happened to see a Zumba video (the amazing RefitRev lassies) on YouTube & it looked quite fun. I did 4 songs worth & was dripping in sweat but boy, did I have a good time! Slowly building myself up I was so proud each time I mastered a routine without having to watch the girls' every move & found when I work hard, I can even keep up with them! (Crazy In Love near offed me, I can tell you!)

As I'm typing this just now, I'm soaking sweat through my (new & smaller) sportswear having just completed 8 songs - giving it my all to the highest intensity I can...back to back. Grand totalling a full 30 minute workout!

Never ever did I think I would stick something out this long & STILL look forward to doing it everyday. If I plan some time & it gets scuppered, I ACTUALLY get disappointed!!

It's even spurred me into doing strength training twice a week too ..without complaint. Not to mention I have the stamina for longer doggie walks too. My clothes are all too big & I am starting to see muscle tone under the fat all over. I don't know how many inches I've lost, but since I joined MVP 23 days ago I've gone down 2-3 on all the main body parts. A drastic overhaul of my diet has helped tremendously too & after ironing out some tweaks, I never feel hungry or deprived which I feel so fortunate for.

I know this is non scale victories, but I've lost 16lb in these past 6 weeks (7 while on MFP) & for the first time, I feel like I can keep going. My DP is me 3 years ago at my lightest in recent years. I was happy to be there but in reality, still needed to lose a lot more weight. Instead of keeping on, I let it all slide. I'm now just 3lb off that DP weight & this time, I REALLY want to go all the way. It's a long road & a hecka lotta pounds(about 100!!) but at the moment, I really feel I can do it!

So sorry for the long post, but i really am on cloud 9 today & I've not shared what I'm doing with anyone in my life except my husband. Guess I'm just worried the pressure will cause me to fail (for the umpteenth time), so if you read all of this drivel, thank you so much. It really does mean a lot!

Edit: oop & don't worry, I'm away for a shower now haha!

I just love this!! The RevFit ladies (and a few other YouTube channels like it) were my re-introduction to fitness! And then it also lead to strength training and other changes! Dancing to those songs gave me such a realistic goal to pursue (I would do the same song on repeat until I felt I could actually follow along decently) and also just made the 30mins of exercise fly. Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you so much, your message was a real boost. So glad you also found fun in exercise with a wee bit of dancing too! Do you have any other recommendations for channels? I've just stuck with refit so far but I know there will come a time I will want to change it up!

I loved the fact they have videos for everyone to enjoy, no matter their limitations....fast...slow...medium....high impact...low impact....just brilliant! And it is boggling how the minutes just melt away!. I moved from six songs to eight when I started to say "awww, is that it??" Never thought I'd see that day!

You're welcome! I could definitely say the same for yours, it's always a real joy to me to hear of others discovering the enjoyment of exercise and what works for them!

As for other channels, I'll share the two I used the most. Dance Fitness with Jessica and The Fitness Marshall. It's honestly been quite a while since I've been to these channels but when I was visiting regularly they always had good uploads and the choreography was something I felt I could figure out after a day or so of working out to the same song on repeat :smiley: Hahahaha!

And since you mentioned enjoying the variety of low impact, fast, slow and other ways to customize your workout + the mention of strength training I'm gonna name drop my FAVORITE way to workout. Fitnessblender.com !! Allllll 600+ of their videos are on YouTube/their website. And on the website you can search for the videos by low impact, high impact, cardio, recovery, duration of the video, dumbbells vs no equipment, strength training, HIIT, yoga/Pilates inspired...all the things (thus the name...Fitness all mixed up = fitness blender!) oh. And it's all free. Go check it out if you're feeling like you want to lift some weights but don't have the brain energy to decide which exercises to do. (This is my absolutely shameless motivator :wink: ) It's definitely a different feel than the dancing...I'd still call it fun but in a totally different way! Haha

Seriously, I'm so excited for you! I remember wanting to workout again as a new mama but my standby of running wasn't an option at the time b/c of some injuries + figuring out how to do it with child care. That's when I discovered the dancing! And it was a total catalyst into exercising in a variety of different ways simply for the enjoyment of it from the comfort of my own home and on my own schedule. Yay!!

Thank you SO much for your lovely encouragement & recommendations! Definitely going to have a look at fitness blender first...that sounds so intriguing...

I'm so happy to be on the right path & your story is so encouraging. Really sounds like your baby has a Mama they can be super proud of! You look so fit & healthy in your DP. Really hope to be in your position one day!

I had a wee daft moment today...I have watched a refit dance I really liked the look of but when I first tried it (Life Bekah Shae(?)think about 5 weeks ago) I had no chance. I could see how to do it, it was just too fast paced for me. Decided to give it another bash this morning & I was away..kept up and everything. When it ended (talk about full disclosure) I had to stop a minute & have a wee cry...just hit home how far I've come in less than 2 months *blush*

Talk about a NSV and tearing up!! This is SO nice. Seriously, what nice, kind things to say! Full disclosure. I've been feeling a bit bloated lately and it's been hard to see myself as "fit" even though my body's capabilities prove otherwise. What an encouragement!! Thank you!

Other NSV: I noticed while pushing my children in the shopping cart "super fast" that there was a distinct difference between the jiggly parts on my back/lovehandle spot and all the (I'm guessing muscle?) underneath. I could feel the fat/loose skin moving on top of the flexed muscles. It used to allllll juggle and wiggle! Progress!

Definite progress! I hear you about feeling bloated...water weight, general being a girl stuff...it's all good fun, hey?! But those muscles are all you!! You're doing amazing & you honestly are very inspiring. Hope you can always know that (even on *those* days)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!