What's my activity level on days when I walk for two hours (mod/brisk pace?)

Options
The above question.
Thanks a lot

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change the activity level back and forth...for your walking days, figure out how many calories you burn per the mileage and log that and you'll have your additional calories.
  • Vitto455
    Vitto455 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I wouldn't change the activity level back and forth...for your walking days, figure out how many calories you burn per the mileage and log that and you'll have your additional calories.

No, for sure I do that!
    I never change my activity level.
    I was just wondering how that would be seen ...
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Assuming that you walked about 6 miles in that two hours (~12000 steps), your activity level would probably be active. And indeed, if you did walk 6 miles every day, it would probably not be terribly inaccurate to classify somebody as such.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    if that's the only exercise you are doing, then I would set it as "sedentary"

Walking two hours per day is hardly "sedentary".
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Vitto455 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

No, for sure I do that!
    I never change my activity level.
    I was just wondering how that would be seen ...

Overall, I would see that as active for that day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Start with light active, see what your weight does after 4- 6 weeks?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MFP Activity level does not include intentional exercise, which a 2 hr walk is. You would log the walking as exercise in MFP. If you got 12000 steps in your job, that would be lightly active or active. The easiest thing is to get step tracker that syncs with MFP, then you don't have to worry about it.