Anti-inflammatory Diet

Options
For medical purposes , it has been insisted that I begin this lifestyle. Is anyone else following this diet. It appears to have some Paleo , some Vegan , some Mediterranean flavors.

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Is there a name to it, or a website /book? I am doing a low carb version of Autoimmune Protocol. i also cook all my vegetables and fruits Since I can't digest raw foods well.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    turmeric does help me a great deal. You probably can look up some information on you-tube-if you want
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of an anti-inflammatory diet but I'm sure there is one. Can you post a link or give a basic overview of what that is exactly?

I'm curious whether this special diet eliminates gluten? Personally, when I cut gluten from my diet I had a noticeable reduction in inflammation as well as some other systemic issues that I was experiencing. I've also heard turmeric is great for reducing inflammation and I do use it in cooking and also take a supplement an a semi-regular basis.

FWIW, I know gluten-free is all the rage these days and some believe it's just the latest trend. However, it is helpful for some people and necessary for others. Just adding this because I know there are people who will poo-poo it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You need A LOT of turmeric to reach the levels studied for health benefits, not just a sprinkle here or there. It could be called the All-Turmeric All the Time Diet!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I have an autoimmune disorder and have had people suggest I try various version of "anti-inflammatory" diets, but I haven't been able to find any studies that suggest that any diet will actually help with my specific autoimmune disorder. It's been my experience that lots of internet diets get suggested for a huge range of conditions, but there's not a lot of solid backup to support their efficacy.

If there are studies to support dietary changes for your specific medical condition, of course you should try them, and I hope they work for you! If there aren't, though, you might be putting yourself through a lot of changes unnecessarily.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whole 30 is an anti inflammatory protocol. I have personally noticed a difference while taking Tumeric. It can be taken in capsule form (allowing for higher doses than one would eat) to help with inflammation. But there are studies out there that say otherwise so maybe it's just in my head. Lol

Edits for clarity
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    For medical purposes , it has been insisted that I begin this lifestyle. Is anyone else following this diet. It appears to have some Paleo , some Vegan , some Mediterranean flavors.

Who insisted -- your doctor? Did she give you any information, a book, a reference? There are a lot of forms of "anti-inflammatory" protocols out there, and not all of them are what they say they are. A name or a reference would help people on this forum to give you feedback.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the candida diet (I think that's what it was) that was foods that discourage candida. (I don't know anything about it other than I saw it on Pinterest which probably means it's woo)

What inflammation do you have? Is it something like dairy or eggs that cause you issues so you are trying to avoid that? If you could share some of those details we may have more information to go off of.
  • thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OP has not been back. I smell woo-woo
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the candida diet (I think that's what it was) that was foods that discourage candida. (I don't know anything about it other than I saw it on Pinterest which probably means it's woo)

It is indeed. "Candida overgrowth" is one of the go-to woo diagnoses.
  • gorillababyface
    gorillababyface Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Look into ketogenic diet. Or lower your omega 6 fat intake.