my 2 year anniversary, 126 lbs down and only 12 to go

5orv9p3ncvl1.jpg

Today is my 2 year anniversary since haivng my light bulb moment. I have lost 126lbs and only have 12 to go. I honestly thought I would be at goal earlier this year. but it is a learning exeperience. I have gained and re lost a couple times due to holiday's or injury. But I DID keep on going. in the past I would have just said pfft whatever and given up and gained it all back. I had to test myself a couple times (chocolate is evil) and make sure I wouldn't give up. I no longer feel like i'm stuck in a fat suit and can't undo the zipper. I feel AMAZING. My doc didn't believe I did this all on my own at home so sent me for some scans of my insides a couple months ago, and happily I am totally healthy. I tried Atkins and LA weightloss and weight watchers in the past. who knew that an online food diary and calorie counting would be the key for me. This is no longer a journey, it is my life. I love how I feel and how I look, even if I never lost another ounce I would be ok :) I love that I found a way to do this and still eat the things I love, including chocolate when the craving hits. Maybe next year when I get this as a memory I will have made it to what I think is my goal. if not. I still am very proud of myself and where I have made it to :)

Replies

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Congrats!!! Consistency is key and you found the key! I hope you lose the last 12!!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Great job - Thanks for sharing. I am only 3 weeks in and love seeing such success stories. I hope to be one this time next year.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    awesome!!!!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Just awesome!!!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    You look amazing - thanks for posting your story and pictures. I'm inspired!
  • jofairbanks
    jofairbanks Posts: 4 Member
    Great job
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Amazing job - I tried all the big corporate diet plans too and found MFP, with the logging and encouragement from MFP friends the most helpful.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    You look wonderful! Congrats on your life changing work!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Yeah girl! That amazing!
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Just amazing! Congratulations!
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    You should be proud! Good work and dedication!
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    You are an inspiration ! Wtg on your achievement.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    hi5axdo6rxhj.png
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Well done! I'm so happy for you!
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Wow, Congrats! The smile in your second pic just radiates! What an amazing loss and good for you for keeping it up even when injured or after a set back, that sure is commendable.

Just curious, if your doctor didn't think you did this at home on your own - what did he/she think you did? An at home gastic bypass (just kidding lol) but really...as if they didn't just believe you.
  • shifty0524
    shifty0524 Posts: 18 Member
    Way to go! I love your description of the fat suit that you can't unzip. That's how I feel. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    awesome results... changing the statistics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!