300lb+ Club

Replies

• timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    I've been bouncing up and down on MFP for a couple of years now but the last 95 days I've stuck to daily logging and have definitely seen a change... I had hit 340 and was disgusted so while on vacation I went to the gym at the hotel and started doing just a little, a few weeks later I came back to MFP and started logging, I found a great challenge/group that has helped keep me motivated (The Biggest Loser Challenge). This morning I weighed in at 304.8! I have rekindled my love for cycling! I get a little self conscious when I go riding because I think everyone is laughing at the 300 pound woman on the bike, but I love the way the wind feels and how much I feel that I have accomplished when riding. I set a personal record of 12.4 miles this morning! I have found the more I post and the more support and the more I talk with people about their success the better I do! Anyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ZombieNurse617
    ZombieNurse617 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all! Making a commitment to myself today to get back on track for the last time! I know I am going to need support from people who have been where I am so I would love to meet others to motivate me and also to help motivate as well!

I am 32 years old, mother of 3, over 300lbs. I'm in my last semester of nursing school and want to really get myself healthier before graduation so that I'm in a good place when I go to find a job! Any and all support is appreciated!
  • CoachJVO
    CoachJVO Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello all. Sorry I have been off the chat for a while. My diet and workouts have been pretty good, but can do better. Started around 315-320. Currently at 277. Let's keep things rolling. I wish everyone a great week.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Trying again for the umpteenth time. Today, just concentrating on what goes in my mouth and NOT worrying about tomorrow. At least trying not to!!
  • privepatricia
    privepatricia Posts: 3 Member
    Wish I had found this sooner! Starting weight 313 and now 276. Looking for encouragement and to encourage. I find the more I read/write here the more focused I am. Feel free to add me!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Small daily improvements produce staggering long term results.--Robin Sharma
    This is how I went from 301 to 155 in 2.5 yrs and maintaining 1 yr.
    It is not easy, but it's easier than staying morbidly obese.
    You have do today today, then try and make a small improvement tomorrow.
  • CoachJVO
    CoachJVO Posts: 15 Member
    Took another step today investing in myself. Purchased a year membership at the local fitness center. Down 40lbs right now, and want to focus even more. Currently at 277, and will keep you updated. I have read a lot of success on this thread, which motivates me to improve daily. Appreciate it. Have a great week!
  • In January I was 365 as of today I'm at 304. I really feel like I have made alot of progress. I know I have a lot to still lose but I am proud of what I have already accomplished so far.
  • PattiMargarita
    PattiMargarita Posts: 2 Member
    One month ago I was 332.4. This morning I was at 316. I have things I need to work on...

1) drink more water
    2) measure food

I exercise 3-4 times a week in a HIIT class. I have my calories set to 1720. My goal weight is 230. The lowest I have been since I was 10 (now 41) was 246. I was in a size 12/xl.

Good luck all!
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    I started at 376.4 and I am down to 320.4, takes time, but it can happen! Each day you get further away from those awful habits that got us to this place it gets easier, and new habits help.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    Ruthy161 wrote: »
    I want to break out of the 300's soooo bad! I am down 34 pounds in 2 months right now, so definitely on the right track. I am more motivated than ever!

I am right there with you. I keep getting motivated and then unmotivated. However I am down 48 pounds and last month I stopped pretending I would workout at home and got a gym membership! Now I am more motivated than I ever have been and I have noticed so many great changes in addition to the weightless!!!! Keep up the good work you will meet your goals!
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    The only people who know my starting weight is my doctor and my husband. I am well over 300lbs but have lost 25lbs in the last 60 days eating at a 2lb loss/we. Some days I go over that, but I am in the mindset that this is for forever and I am not always going to eat perfect. Everyday life has cookies and birthday cake and Tim Horton's and McDonald's and I can still have that but I don't need a LG fry or a double quarter pounder. I am completely happy with a regular cheese burger and small fry. Did you know a mini blizzard tastes just as good as a LG one???!? I can still have treats everyday if I want as long as I have the calories. I have lost weight before, put it back on. Tried again and again. This time feels different.... It feels...real.