*~*POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER*~*

Options
13»

Replies

• acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @Kalex1975 The way i make overnight oats is in a jam jar. a layer of porridge oats, then yogurt then frozen fruit. Then repeat until the jar is full and put in the fridge overnight.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @acebanditcat oh, ok... I put oats, almond milk, and yogurt in a mason jar with the PB2 and shake the whole thing together. It may be best for you to mix the PB2 into the porridge before you layer it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    Because a few people asked, this is my Thai peanut sauce (h/t Steven Raichlen, with tweaks)

Thai Peanut Sauce

2 Tb vegetable oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1-3 Thai chiles or jalapeno peppers, seeded an minced
    (OR just 1 Tb. plain red pepper flakes)
    1 Tb peeled, minced fresh ginger
    1 large or 2 medium shallots, minced
    2/3 c chunky peanut butter
    (OR 6 Tb PB2, blended with 2 Tb water)
    1 1/3 c unsweetened coconut milk
    3 Tb finely chopped fresh cilantro
    2 Tb Asian fish sauce OR soy sauce, or more to taste
    1 Tb lime juice, or more to taste
    1 Tb brown sugar, or more to taste (I use brown sugar Splenda here)
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chiles/red pepper, ginger and shallots and cook to a rich golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to caramelize the garlic and shallots without burning them.

Stir in the peanut butter/prepared PB2 and cook for one minute. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce is thick and richly flavored, 3-5 minutes, whisking to blend ingredients.

If sauce is too thick (it should be pourable), add a little water. Taste for seasoning, adding soy sauce, lime and/or brown sugar as necessary.

May be stored 5-7 days covered in the refrigerator.

for six (generous) servings: 195 cal, 16g fat, 10g carb, 3g fiber, 5g protein

Thanks for sharing this, it looks tasty and I will try it.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Okay sorry if this is a dumb question but I thinking about getting some PB2 and am new to it; it says 2 tbsp. (12 grams) is 45 calories, is that a dry tbsp or after you "liquify" it?
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Okay sorry if this is a dumb question but I thinking about getting some PB2 and am new to it; it says 2 tbsp. (12 grams) is 45 calories, is that a dry tbsp or after you "liquify" it?

It is referring to the dry tbsp. which is why you get more 'bang for your buck'.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's awesome! I love big servings! Hahaha
  • justnjoyable
    justnjoyable Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the recipe posted!!!!!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I mix a tablespoon with a scoop of my chocolate protein shake, helps thicken it to be more like a smoothie than watery protein drink.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I use it every day for these 2 items:

PROTEIN OATMEAL
    - 60g quick oats
    - 12g powdered PB
    - Microwave 1 minute
    - Stir in one scoop chocolate protein
    - 49c, 7f, 38p

PROTEIN YOGURT
    - 200g greek yogurt
    - 12g powdered PB
    - Stir in one scoop chocolate protein
    - 13c, 3f, 51p
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I use PB2, I put it in my protein shakes, yogurt, oatmeal or when i make protein balls...
  • ys6108
    ys6108 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Finally decided to try PB2 - so good! Had some in a chocolate protein shake today and it was amazing. A little goes a very long way, next time I'll use a bit less so it doesn't overcome the chocolate quite as much. It did make the shake thicker and richer though.