CARBS!!! HMMMM.....

Options
2»

Replies

• lauragiordano8382
    lauragiordano8382 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not a medical reason but I put on weight easily if I'm not careful. My previous coach mentioned that I could have a slow metabolism and stock easily anything carbs and sugar. I'm on 1800 cals a day max most days and some days 1200 cals. I can't keep a constant low calorie intake because I always had a good appetite since I was a kid and it also depends on my mood and other factors
    Also, just love food in general, it's like a religion in my life lol
    Hence why it's really hard to keep the cals really low
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm confused - how people can eat over 100g of carbs per day and lose weight when I am limited at 50g per day and struggle to lose weight!!!! Seriously, please help me understand wth is wrong with my body!

Why are you limited to 50g per day? It all comes down to CI<CO. If you eat at a deficit you lose weight. You can eat a lot of carbs and still lose weight so long as you're eating at a deficit caloric intake. I try to limit my carbs to around 100g or less (there are days where I do go over though too) but I have a medical condition which tends to benefit from eating less carbs. Do you accurately weigh your food? If you don't own a food scale or don't use one I suggest you do. Measuring and weighing out food to get a realistic caloric count can certainly be an eye opener for some.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Not a medical reason but I put on weight easily if I'm not careful. My previous coach mentioned that I could have a slow metabolism and stock easily anything carbs and sugar. I'm on 1800 cals a day max most days and some days 1200 cals. I can't keep a constant low calorie intake because I always had a good appetite since I was a kid and it also depends on my mood and other factors
    Also, just love food in general, it's like a religion in my life lol
    Hence why it's really hard to keep the cals really low

It's common to use carb restriction as a weight-loss strategy because many people overeat carbs, but it's just a trick to getting you into a caloric deficit. While it is possible you have a slower metabolism than average, I've never heard of anything that would cause someone's body to turn carbs and sugar into fat at any appreciable rate greater than anyone else. I hear you about loving food - I do too! - but that isn't incompatible with losing weight.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I like a nice mix of all the macros, and need to keep starchy carbs in that mix or I am not a happy camper. I just finished off my day with a HUGE bowl of popcorn!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I eat 150 or more grams of carbs each day. My macros are fit at 50% carbs(by me). I play with the 25%protein and 25% fat- sometimes i up my protein or fat as I chose- but I must have my carbs- usually it is lots of fruits and veggies- I totally agree it is about a caloric deficit- . I eat a small breakfast, a large lunch, small supper and save about 250-300 calories for late night snacking!
  • Nubian89xo
    Nubian89xo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cboutin89 wrote: »
    I agree with you. I feel that moderation is always the best practice. In the past, I successfully lost 30 pounds from a diet high in protein/vegetables and low in carbohydrates. I feel on days that you are strength training it is essential to have some kind of carbohydrates in your diet to support new muscle and the workout itself. One another note, I am just trying to get back on track myself and I am slowly reducing the amount of carbohydrates in my diet. I know it wont be an easy process, but its my journey. Also, I feel that when trying to eliminate carbohydrates from your diet altogether you tend to overindulge, so once again moderation is key to your diet.
    I wish you all the best in your journey! You got this xo

• Nubian89xo
    Nubian89xo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you to each and everyone of you for your input and advice!!! Highly appreciated. So I'm on the right path!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm confused - how people can eat over 100g of carbs per day and lose weight when I am limited at 50g per day and struggle to lose weight!!!! Seriously, please help me understand wth is wrong with my body!

Probably averaged 200g of carbs while losing over 100 lbs. Looking at my limit now, it 185g. But I hit my calorie goals most of the time.

Your body is fine. Focus on calories over carbs.