Best app for running

I have an app for 5k runner but you have to buy it to get past the 2nd week.... boooooo.

Know of any others that tell you when to run, walk without the fee?

Replies

• eimaj_
    eimaj_ Posts: 16 Member
    I had this same issue when looking for a simple interval timer app, I never found anything suitable that didn't cost money so I kinda forgot about it and used my watch instead, although I hate wearing a watch whilst running and cycling -.-

I just looked on the App Store though and downloaded the first interval timer app that doesn't offer in-app purchases and whilst there is a paid "pro" version of the app, the free one is actually perfect as far as I can see and I just used it to set a simple interval timer for 10 sets of 2 minute and 1 minutes bursts of high and low intensity... it's called Interval 'Timer:Timing for HIIT Training' by 'Deltaworks' on the iOS App Store :) hope that's some help!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Do you mean to build up to a 5k? Zenlabs has a free app for c25k or c210k that will give you up 14 weeks with intervals for free.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Do you mean to build up to a 5k? Zenlabs has a free app for c25k or c210k that will give you up 14 weeks with intervals for free.

I also used the Zenlabs C25k app and it is free to use the intervals.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    I just finished Zenlabs C25K. I highly recommend.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Thank you!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Zombies Run! Worth it imho
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Zombies Run! Worth it imho

I started on this and I am now running 5k six days a week just to hear the story! I also bought the yearly sub just to be able to move on in the story faster.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I just finished Zenlabs C25K. I highly recommend.

Bravo, @magster4isu !

I used the Zen Labs C25K app to get up to my first 5K two years ago.

I paid for the no-ads version and would have paid double it's such a great app.