Do most of you feel you lose more weight when you eat more f

Options
joannepapas
joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
Do any of you get the feeling you lose more weight when you incorporate more fruits into your daily diet? I haven't been eating many fruits, and I am going to try to squeaze more of them in. In past I always felt like when I added fruits, I would lose more weight. NOt sure why. Maybe helps to flush out more water? ANyone else experience that? Would love to hear thoughts on this.

Replies

• ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if they help me lose weight (I have not kept track...) but I feel as though they do. Plus, they are naturally sweet and taste heavenly. I tend to have 2-4 servings per day :)
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I have actually cut back the amount of fruit I eat coz it sends my rda of sugar way over
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    its probably because most fruits and veggies are negative calorie foods. so that helps the body burn more fat/calories which in turn...make you lost weight!! :smile: :smile:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Fruits are fine, just don't go overboard. Veggies are more the endless food......
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I haven't kept track, but since I started this journey, I have been adding more and more fruits. They are high fiber (helps you feel full), low-calorie and one of my favorite work snacks.

Also, there is no such thing as a "negative calorie food."
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    umm I haven't found a difference either way, however; I found when eating more fruit I have more energy for cardio and strength because of the extra carbs!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that if I don't incorporate enough veggies and fruits, I will gain a pound or two and it will be harder to get that off. Could just be my body though. Also, the more good stuff you eat, the easier it falls off.
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    its probably because most fruits and veggies are negative calorie foods. so that helps the body burn more fat/calories which in turn...make you lost weight!! :smile: :smile:

This is nice to know!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

That's actually not true, and fruit is actually pretty high in calorie, as are a lot of vegetables xD

Vegetables and fruits don't actually take a lot of calories to burn up, lean meats and complex carbs actually use a higher percentage of their calories to digest
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by, "negative calorie food" ?

Thank you
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    What do you mean by, "negative calorie food" ?

Thank you

I think she was joking.
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    Friuts are healthy, yes. But high in sugar. Everything in moderation. I treat friuts as a treat after a meal instead of a dessert. Clemintines are like candy!
  • joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the input. I do tend to eat many veggies. They should be the mainstay. I rarely seem to eat fruits though, and when I do, it seems to agree with me. Nothing over the top, but eating it a couple of times a day seems to work. Not sure why I don't do regulary. Any tips for that?
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    Well, if I cut out everything fattening and sugar-saturated and replaced it with a piece of fruit, yeah I would feel pretty darn good. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No, I don't eat a lot of fruit, but when I do I don't notice an increased weight loss. I don't think eating fruit hinders weight loss, I just like vegetables better than fruit.