CHEAT DAY FOODS????? HELP!

Options
OH EMM GEE! Sugar makes my face puffy...well, not sugar exactly. Donuts and cheesecake;) My cheat days will definitely not be sweet-oriented from now on. MFP friends, what are good cheat day foods?????

Replies

• AnaBananaChan
    Options
    Strawberries and chocolate, grapes, yougurt and berries. Ice cream with fruit.

See the trend yet? Lol.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Burgers, fried chicken, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, pizza, pasta, etc.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mine is once a month, and it's usually the same stuff!
    Texas Roadhouse- 12oz. sirloin, baked potatoe with butter and sour cream, side of mushrooms, side salad with bleu cheese dressing. And a pepsi. I also fit in a caramel frappe and a DQ caramel sundae with nuts.
    I love my anything goes day! My next one is coming up on the 12th of the month!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Burger and some fries for me. :D
  • ripped4life1
    Options
    lol @ the ohh emmm geee!! (-:
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mexican Food (americanized chain-type places with loads of cheese) .... yummm.
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    So, this is applicable...
    Are cheat days acceptable?
    If I have cheat days will I still lose weight?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days.. mainly because I follow the everything in moderation mindset. So burgers, mac and cheese, chocolate, ice cream, pizza are all allowed with in reason.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days.. mainly because I follow the everything in moderation mindset.

Me, too. I have a sweet tooth, Haribo Gummies, German chocolate, good bread and butter or cheese, Larabars (right now). I have something yummie every day.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!! I like the "everything in moderation", even on Cheat days:)
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I try to stick to a cheat meal. Days are really long after all!

And my cheat meal will include cheese. Full fat, awesome cheese.
  • ehxsnohs
    ehxsnohs Posts: 12
    Options
    I only have a cheat day when I reach a goal. For example, I started at 260lbs. My first goal is to get to 230lbs. Then 200lbs, 170, 150, 130. Each time I make one of those goals I will have a cheat day.
  • ehxsnohs
    ehxsnohs Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh and it will probably consist of cheesecake, pasta, pizza & some Churchs chicken :) Maybe some DQ or Starbucks.
  • veggiepug
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days.. mainly because I follow the everything in moderation mindset. So burgers, mac and cheese, chocolate, ice cream, pizza are all allowed with in reason.

Ditto.

For me, labeling a day as a "cheat day" makes it too easy for it to turn into a cheat week. Instead, I let myself relax and eat whatever I want for dinner on Saturday, but I still track it. I also make sure to work out that morning and eat a sensible breakfast and lunch.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don’t have planned cheat days.

I have moments that when I break my will and “try” an apple strudel or a croissant, then I can’t stop and end up eating many of them.

Costco bakery apple strudels (several !!!) – happened 5-6 times since May 20, 2010

Costco bakery croissant (several !!!) – happened 3-4 times since May 20, 2010

Milton's Original Multi-Grain Baked Snack Crackers (36 crackers) – happened 20-25 times since May 20, 2010

Chinese – beef with broccoli or pork fried rice – happened 5-6 times since May 20, 2010

Pizza – happened 3 or 4 times since May 20, 2010
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    PIZZA!!!! Yummy
  • tanyamelliott
    Options
    I like everyone's moderation responses. I was always a very strict dieter and that always lasted for less than a month! But now I've been living a new life style for about a month, maybe a little more, and I I want something I can have it, just a small portion. And I typically have one or 2 sweets a day. However I'm going to hawaii in 2 weeks so I'm trying to step up my workouts if I do have sweets or junk food but my favorite 'cheat foods' are Carmel apples, chocolate strawberries, pizza, coldstone ice cream!!!!:) I have a major sweet tooth!:)
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm never really good at making every day balance, and some days, I'm just starving, while others, I only want two meals. I just figure, within a week's time, if I balance calories in/calories out, then I'm good. Cheat days aren't really cheats. They are planned out before hand.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Dont deny yourself anything and there will be no need for cheat days. If you are not desperate you should be able to manage small treats regularly rather than gorging on a mix of food over process and high in sugar salt and fat.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'd have some real Mexican food like beans refried in lard with big ol flour tortillas, big piece of carne asada (which isn't bad by itself) with guacamole on the side and rice. Mexican Coke to wash it down with and a big slice of chocolate cake with chocolate filling.
    If I'm gonna cheat I'm gonna cheat big.
    Alas, i can't bring myself to do it.