I did it all for the cookies.

Options
I am actually here under protest. My best friend is starting and has invoked the "I need help" bff clause which means I must help her or I'll get cooties or something.

I do need to lose weight, around 100 - 120lbs. I lost it all once before and then I got pregnant and gained it all back plus some. I'm a 32yo mother of one and on a scale of 1-10 points of activity my job requires -5. I'd probably be more active if I didn't work. I am a hobby baker and I LOVE LOVE LOVE baked goods. My daughter is 7 and I've tried to lose weight at least twice a year every year since I had her. I can't say it hasn't worked, because it always does, but I quit after 2 or 3 or 4 weeks of steady weight loss and I have no idea why.

So there's my story. I know what works and how it works, I know good foods from bad foods, correct portion size, and how to exercise for maximum fat burn and I can strength train with the best of them. I know how to lose weight, the only question is, will I?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you can do it :)
  • Kelly4877
    Kelly4877 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You sound like me! :) I will say that this website has helped more than anything :smile: Good luck!
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    You made the step getting online with us, what are you going to do with it? I say, run with it. If you've got this under control, be an inspiration. I know most of us need that right about now.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You're the only one who can answer that. Good luck!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Just log in everyday and take it one day at a time. I think you'll do alright! :)
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The only person who can give you the desire and motivation to lose weight and be healthy is you. Although, when you have children, it's easier to use them as a reason to be healthy because you surely want to be around for them when they're teens, getting married, etc. So here's a little quote...and I don't know who said it:

If it is to be, then it is up to me!

Good luck!
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I know what works and how it works, I know good foods from bad foods, correct portion size, and how to exercise for maximum fat burn and I can strength train with the best of them. I know how to lose weight, the only question is, will I?

I have said that over and over and over again. Like any 'addiction' it will only work if you want it to work. My wake up moment was my 7 year old - what kind of an example was I being for her. I went to school with an anorexic and had a roommate that was bulimic. I don't want that for my daughter, I need to teach her now that good food choices and proper exercise is the key to a good healthy life and I need to lead by example!

I hope that helps with your journey.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it hard to get motivated to "lose weight" and much easier to do it for reasons like, "to improve my energy levels, to give myself a mood lift," or even "I get to listen to my favorite music on the machine for 40 minutes with no one to bug me!"

Good luck to you!
  • shancapps
    Options
    As the BFF who invoked the "you have to do it because I'm doing it" clause, thank you for joining and helping me! I know we can do it together, and this time WILL be different. So far, I really like the tools that this website offers. It's humbling to have to enter all the foods from each day and actually see it on-screen.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support. I think I'll just start out logging my food regardless of the calories just to see exactly what I'm taking in. Maybe it will shame me into being motivated. "I ate HOW MANY calories at McDonald's??!?!?!"

Shanny, I like it too. I'm calling it FFF. Facebook for (insert your choice, I couldn't decide) Fatties, Fitness, Foodies, Firming arses, French Poodles... wait no, that last one doesn't make sense at all.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was in Mcdonald's parking lot today and before I went through the drive thru I plugged what I wanted into my food diary (there's an app for that). I am only 3 days in and SWEAR by the app!