Progress photo

Options
AshAlvarezz
AshAlvarezz Posts: 113 Member
edited September 2017 in Motivation and Support
Okay, so I posted this yesterday but then freaked out & I deleted it.

In the past I was in a very verbally & mentally abusive relationship that definitely made me view myself differently even though I was at a fine weight - I played sports, exercised, I was active.
Then around 5/6 years ago I had knee surgery & developed a lot of health problems that have really just messed me up. Long story short my body can't handle a lot so I'm not able to be active. (Fibromyalgia, RA, CRPS, I'm hypersensitive & I also have immunity issues.) My doctors have tried everything under the sun to try to help (surgery, medications, procedures, PT nerve blocks, Spinal Cord Stimulator trial & when that didn't work discussing wanting to remove a nerve.) So now we're just trying to slow down the progression & they recommended swimming. Which I love.
Obviously years of this would take a toll on anyone, I developed really bad depression so I ate my feelings sometimes & I stopped smoking around 2 years ago, so when my anxiety gets bad instead of smoking a cigarette, I eat.
I've definitely been a serial starter but I've been pretty dedicated the last few months. I started at around 230, I'm currently at 207 & would like to be back to 175.
My husband loves everything about me but I still don't see what he's sees, I don't love my body or even like it so sharing this photo is nerve wracking to say the least.
I am excited about my progress though & about how this bathing suit looks. I ordered it online so it was definitely a toss up on whether or not it would fit. I definitely got lucky, it fits like a dream.

If anyone can relate feel free to add me, I'm always looking for friends that are working towards the same goal.

7pk4axd5mmqn.png

Replies

• Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your weight loss. You should definitely be proud of yourself. I can relate as far as past abusive relationships and injury goes. I have Scheuremann's Kyphosis and mild Scoliosis. I've lived with back pain since I was a child and I am prone to back injury and muscle inflammation/ spasms. All of that can definitely take a roll on one's mentality. Weight loss has really helped take the edge off of my pain and has strengthened my core which offers extra support for my back. Weight loss has also helped with my depression. Exercise is the perfect medicine for depression. I am a way different person now than I was a couple of years ago. Keep swimming if that's what you love and can physically handle.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    you look stunning keep it up
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! It can be really scary to put yourself out there like you are, but I applaud you. I bet it helps with accountability too... you want to make sure your next picture is closer to your goal! That you've accomplished this after so many challenges is also something to be proud of. Great work!

Also, that bathing suit is awesome! I have a ruched bathing suit as well, it is always such a pretty style!

• AshAlvarezz
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    You look amazing! Congrats on your weight loss. You should definitely be proud of yourself. I can relate as far as past abusive relationships and injury goes. I have Scheuremann's Kyphosis and mild Scoliosis. I've lived with back pain since I was a child and I am prone to back injury and muscle inflammation/ spasms. All of that can definitely take a roll on one's mentality. Weight loss has really helped take the edge off of my pain and has strengthened my core which offers extra support for my back. Weight loss has also helped with my depression. Exercise is the perfect medicine for depression. I am a way different person now than I was a couple of years ago. Keep swimming if that's what you love and can physically handle.

I'm sorry to hear that! Scoliosis definitely isn't fun, I have it but it never really bothered me until I developed the other issues. If you don't mind me asking, what is SK?
    That's amazing to hear though, that it's helped you so much. Swimming has definitely done the same for me, mentally it's definitely helping!

• aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Looking great! I hope one day you are able to accept the fact that you are beautiful. Kick the old voices out of your head
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    You look beautiful :):D
    Well done.
    Just give it time.
    This can be a long a frustrating road.
    But you will get there!
    Well done. B)
  • AshAlvarezz
    Options
    You're looking great! It can be really scary to put yourself out there like you are, but I applaud you. I bet it helps with accountability too... you want to make sure your next picture is closer to your goal! That you've accomplished this after so many challenges is also something to be proud of. Great work!

Also, that bathing suit is awesome! I have a ruched bathing suit as well, it is always such a pretty style!

Thank you so much! Definitely!! It's like I can't post a photo & then a month later have a photo that looks the same lol It definitely pushes me to pay attention to what I'm eating.
    I love love love the riches style!

• Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear that! Scoliosis definitely isn't fun, I have it but it never really bothered me until I developed the other issues. If you don't mind me asking, what is SK?
    That's amazing to hear though, that it's helped you so much. Swimming has definitely done the same for me, mentally it's definitely helping!

SK affects people differently. It's curvature of the thoracic spine and/or lumbar spine. Mine is moderate curvature of both thoracic and lumbar spine. It's not politically correct but my family and I call it hump back lol! Mine isn't severe yet, but it is moderate and progressive. Severe cases can affect the lungs and cause other potentially serious issues. There is no cure but I can treat it with meds if I need them for pain(which I don't like so I don't take any) and of course strengthening exercises. I'm 27 now, and was in and out of physical therapy when I was a teen and young adult, I quit going because I didn't feel it was helping at all, only causing more pain. I believe with a continued healthy and active lifestyle, I can delay the progression of it until I'm much older. I love to swim too!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    You look great in both your photos. But keep in mind that you don't need us or anyone else to validate that you are feeling good about yourself. I think most of us trying to better ourselves and look/feel better are prone to wanting some specific look that we may or may not achieve. Part of that is good and probably drives us forward, but another part of that might allow comparisons to be the thief of joy.

Keep doing you, because it's obviously working!