Question of the Day

Thinking back to when you were a kid, what is the one food you hated to eat, and still won't eat now?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Liver.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Vegetables.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Steak and chunk beef. Giblets. Any part of poultry that isn't breast, and any breast that isn't skinless. My parents had a hard time with my meat pickiness when I was a kid, but they gave up pretty early and were happier for it. They didn't need to do any modifications to food, they just stopped putting bits I wouldn't eat in on plate and I didn't give them hard time because when something was mixed in (like in a stew) I would just calmly pick it out and push it to the side of the plate.
  • bleu_ciel5
    bleu_ciel5 Posts: 7 Member
    Broc-a-loc-ill-e
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Celery, artichoke, palm hearts, and olives. Yuck.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Corn
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Lamb. My grandmother used to make it at Easter and I hated it. I tried it recently and still do.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    lima beans
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    edited September 2017
    tuna casserole, looked like barf on a plate then and still does now.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    As kid we got 2 choices each year of normal meal foods we could skip.

Liver and lima beans.

If my sister and I could convince mom that it was different (since choices not written down) - swap in my dad's chow mein (no where near authentic version).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Green bell peppers.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Brussel sprouts. Thank God my mum never cooked liver, I would have run away from home :confounded:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Tomatoes (pureed is fine), cod roe, pickled beets, sauerkraut, waldorf salad, tinned fruit cocktail.
  • regina628
    regina628 Posts: 2 Member
    Banana, never could get over smell or texture of them
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Chicken pot pie. Yuck.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Liver, raw onions, mustard beans.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Fish of any kind, but especially those frozen fish sticks my Mom used to serve. Blurg.
  • bobbigirl83
    bobbigirl83 Posts: 37 Member
    Peas. Ewwww.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Spaghetti.

I used to not touch a single type of noodle at all. Now, elbows and rotini are okay. But still won't eat long noodles.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Celery
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,080 Member
    Deep-fried breaded seafood (something homemade or from a good restaurant pan-fried with a light breading/crust, like panko or cornmeal, is fine).

Sugar in coffee (yes, a friend's mom served me coffee with sugar in it the morning after a sleepover, because my friend like it that way. It was so foul, for years I thought I just didn't like coffee.)

Fat on my meat, other than really hot ham or pork fat that's on the verge of liquefying.

Sausage or ground beef that has bits of gristle or bone chips in it.

Summer squash cooked to death in liquid. It's fine sauteed or grilled, and I don't mind if it's steamed so long as it's not overcooked. I'll eat it raw from a crudite tray, but it doesn't taste like much without a good dip.

I think that's it.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Peas.
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Applesauce
  • AidenT94
    AidenT94 Posts: 39 Member
    Lima beans. I'll eat most things, but I won't touch lima beans. Also, any pickles that aren't dill. That also includes things like pickled eggs (my grandpa eats weird stuff)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,943 Member
    Beef tongue.

When I child, because I didn't like the texture and the way it looked in the kettle (open the lid, there it is sticking its tongue out at you, but it's kind of gray-colored . . . ick).

As an adult, because I'm vegetarian and that gets me out of trying out a lot of scary things, probably some of which I'd actually like.
  • mgood924
    mgood924 Posts: 7 Member
    Celery = Hellery :s Even putting peanut butter on it never helped. I'll just lick off the pb and I'm left with this green stick of yuck lol
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Liver, lima beans, and radiches. Still don't like them.
  • Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Lima beans and wheat! I still hate them.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,980 Member
    mij140 wrote: »
    Cow tongue. I'll never forget when my mom tried to tell us it was hamburger (served on a bun. Wtf?). My sister is super picky and took the bun off. She started screaming when she saw the tastebuds. lollll.

ROFL :D:D:D
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Lentils and beans!