Healthy Sleep Challenge - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What an odd night but in a good way. Real nice amount of deep sleep although I had 2 wake events, the first one I woke myself up laughing as I was dreaming and the second one I had a rare instance where I actually woke up and had to use the bathroom:

n6e6qsoteftp.png
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @DresdenSinn what a brilliant night's sleep you had. It's great that you managed over 4 hours of deep sleep. Even though you woke up twice it's great that you were able to fall back asleep again. Made me smile reading you woke yourself up because you were laughing. Glad something was tickling your fancy in your dream.
  • serser28
    Options
    @corinasue1143 - glad your 5 hours sleep was good but you need to aim for a bit more. Interesting that you felt like you could have had some more. Pity you had to get up.
  • serser28
    Options
    @brittdee88 oh dear that does not sound good. What's keeping you up until 3am? Are you distracted by phone/tv/books or is it just that you are not tired and don't want to sleep yet? I can relate to that as, my body is not used to sleeping at night so it won't wind down after dark even if I am not working at night.
  • serser28
    Options
    I have already had 3hrs sleep today but am hoping I can have 3-4 sleep this afternoon. Here's hoping! I really must try to get my sleep in one go rather than in lots of little naps. I had better put that yoga for sleeping video on!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    what is healthy sleep? bwwah. my charge 2 says about 4 hours!! WHY???????> my husband snores like a banshee!, all night long!, I am going to hit him over the head with a pot!, or throw cold water on him!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    12-4, then 8-10. 6 hours is great, but I want it all at once! No exercise today, a relaxing yoga at 7 pm. Maybe I will sleep longer tonight.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    6? I fall asleep at 11 and get up at 8, so more like 9. I'd die on 6 hours of sleep.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @serser28 no, I am exhausted, but my mind just won't stop racing. I didn't realize how much noise our house makes at night for no apparent reason, and it seems like whenever I finally settle down to fall sleep, I hear a creak or a bump that frightens me, and that ruins it for the next hour or so before it happens again.

Didn't fall asleep until after 6 AM this morning, woke up again at 8:30, and then slept from 9-10 AM.
    I think the fact that my fiancé is traveling is making it hard for me to fall and stay asleep. I am used to sleeping with him, and since I also have a general paranoia regarding home invasions, I feel out of whack and significantly less safe with him gone. Even though I was able to quiet my mind with pre-bed yoga over the last couple of days, I found that every time I was on the brink of sleep, something would jolt me out of it, and my mind would start racing. It really doesn't help that I have a very vivid and active imagination. I am happy he is coming back tonight. I hope I can get better sleep for the rest of the week.
    I need to figure out how to deal with sleeping here alone while he is gone. I have lived in an apartment for the entirety of my adulthood up until this point, and for some reason, I just feel less safe in a house. Maybe it's that apartments only have one entryway and there are likely to be more witnesses/someone would hear something if anything were to happen? Our community is gated and there is 24-hour security, so I know this is all very ridiculous, but I can't seem to shake it. I've never felt this way before. I usually pride myself on being very independent and even courageous in many respects, but this has really been troubling me.
  • serser28
    Options
    @brittdee88 - I am currently at work but will respond properly tomorrow.
  • serser28
    Options
    Managed 5hrs 55mins so was 5 mins short of my goal of 6 hours! :( Will try to make up for it tomorrow. Would be lovely if I could sleep straight through and not have to do my sleep in stages. Oh well, at least I am getting some sleep.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    Last night was one of those nights that seemed to go on forever, I would wake up and look at the clock feeling like it was time to get up and it wasn't even close, I still feel well rested nonetheless:

akzs7l2jcvqc.png
  • brittdee88
    Options
    GREAT night of sleep last night. I am SO thankful!

8:55 total
    1:32 awake
    2:02 REM
    5:42 light
    1:11 deep

I would love to get more deep sleep, but I am not quite sure how to do so. In any case, I feel extremely well rested, especially compared to yesterday.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Sounds great Britt! I know you needed it!
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    4-7 last night. Tonight may not be good either. But just wait til tomorrow night!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @corinasue1143! I hope tonight ends up being better than you thought.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    Had a nice 2 hour long stretch of nothing but deep sleep, don't see that very often:

2apazav3b6it.png

I had some cottage cheese and almonds about a half hour prior to bed and I've also stopped taking the herbal sleep supplement but continue to take the ZMA product.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Nice, @DresdenSinn!

Not much sleep last night, but I don't really feel all that tired for some reason. I need to figure out how to get more deep sleep somehow. I wish I wasn't such a light sleeper!
    4:34 total
    0:41 awake
    0:57 REM
    2:59 light
    0:38 deep
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12-6. Think my neighbors woke me up getting ready for their garage sale, but I got plenty of nice sleep. Has been a good day, lots of energy. I love it when I sleep so well!
    Britt, you are probably still energized from good sleep night before last.
    Dresden, that long stretch of deep sleep does look good.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    Most people sleep more and sleep in later on the weekends but I'm usually less, it's because I get excited about the weekend, even though I have nothing planned I enjoy being off work and being at home and want to enjoy and maximize my time there. Up until a little over a month ago my work schedule was every Saturday and every other Sunday, that went on for 15 months! I got promoted into an administration position and that eliminated working the weekends :smiley:

17cxkzn94jf1.png